Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTENDING A CONTRACT

AudreyAnderson1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have had no option but to cancel my contract with talk talk now that it has ended I cannot renew as the max speed they can offer in my area is 6mpbs or below and I have had a terrible service.  I switched to virgin as they are the only provider in my area that can offer super fast fibre, however they changed the installation date by two months as it requires extensive work to be carried out.  My contract status is "estimated cancellation date" and on the support chat they said I could place a cease on the contract, however when I called they said I could not.  Can anyone tell me if they have been able to extend the end date?  I work from home and need the service to continue.  Thank you

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi AudreyAnderson1

I can see that the cease has been cancelled, You will need to contact us again to cancel the account when you know the date that Virgin can provide you with a service. 

Regards

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

Were you at the end of a fixed term contract or were you on a rolling month to month arrangement ?

You will only be disconnected once you have actually given notice, have you done so ?

When is that due to be effective ?

Be very wary of Virgin, there have been numerous cases where "extensive works" have been too costly for them and they have just walked away leaving the prospective customer with no recourse and no service.

0 Likes