Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy termination fee

jozlam
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Hello I have received an end of service letter. There is a termination charge in the letter of £ 177.06. It looks like it was for the whole year, and it's only 10 days, so the amount seems to be squeezed out of my finger, I will not pay this money !! On my account I noticed that you want to extend the contract without my knowledge, the question is on what basis ?? The completion date is given for February 20, 2023 !! Where did it come from ?? I don't like being put in front of a fait accompli !! he knows it's gone from here !!

Joe electro
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

Hi @AllyM I think we get the contract situation which has been resolved, not sure how you read that from the last comment? Perhaps boasting about better speed? Who knows, unless they post again. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

@ferguson , He believed his contract was due to end on 19/9/2021, but he has been given a start date of 8/9/2021 with has new provider, hence leaving his TalkTalk contract about 11 days early, perhaps?

Except that somehow his contract end date was recorded as 20/2/2023, resulting in him receiving notice of a much higher than expected early contract termination charge.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 7

Sorry, what?

0 Likes

jozlam
Team Player
Message 4 of 7

Normally on 19 /09/2021 , faster on 08/09/2021 with new provider.

Joe electro
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi @jozlam

There is a note on your account advising the charge will be cleared if its applied. 

Sorry for any confusion.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

I am not sure I understand entirely, when did you join TalkTalk and when did you leave?

0 Likes