Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly parents phone line and account cancelled without warning or their consent

SandyCherry
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

My parents are over 88 both with forms of early Dementia.  Their phone line has been disconnected and their account stopped, phone number removed without any consultation.  My sister has been contacting Talk Talk for the past 2 days, passed from call centre to call centre.  They can set up a new account but not use their phone number which is registered with all care services, family contacts, medical care services, estate agent handling the sale of their house and removal company - moving date is 26 August 2021.  Certainly NOT a caring service for silversurfers unable to understand modern technology.   They are a forgotten minority.   The account has been paid up to date so non payment was not an issue.  All they want is to be reconnected with their phone number.  

Is there anyone who can help !!!!

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Sandy, 

Really sorry to hear what's happened, have responded to you via PM.

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hello Jo 

Open Reach have cancelled the visit on Wednesday 4 August due to a technicality with Talk Talk .  There is a BT broadband line into the property this is owned by another person in the house, but they do not have a BT land line.  Both forms of communication had been working up to Saturday 24 July.  

Copied from BT Open Reach site:

'Why can’t you contact Openreach directly?

You can, but we’re a wholesaler and we were set up to work for communications providers – the companies that you buy your home or business phones or broadband from. Contacting them is the fastest way to fix a whole range of problems. And if they think the issue is with our network, they’ll contact us and arrange for us to fix it. '

So it is up to Talk Talk to arrange an Open Reach visit to check the phone line from the Green roadside junction box to the property and the Talk Talk connection to the phone.  If all lines are working then the fault is with a member of your Talk Talk Team who has taken the decision to close down an active phone line.

Regards

Sandy Cherry

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Sandy,

Thank you,

Have sent you a PM, please get back to us if your parents require any further help following the engineer visit.

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hello Jo

Thank you for contacting me.  The account was set up with One Tel many years ago without Broadband, and has never had  a telephone password so I cannot complete the online form you sent me.   

A Nominated User Form has been completed and posted to the address  on the form 'TalkTalk Telecom Ltd PO Box 346 , Southampton SO30 2PW', with a covering letter .   I hope there will be someone working to deal with the request.  We are hoping this will allow a better channel of communication to find a solution.  

We have been told that BT Open Reach will visit the house to check the phone line on Wednesday, 4 August to ensure this is not the cause of the disconnection.  

Regards

Sandy Cherry

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi @SandyCherry,

Thank you, have sent you a PM and will look into this for you there.

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 11

Please look out for further responses from staff after the weekend, @SandyCherry.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

SandyCherry
First Timer
Message 7 of 11

Community profile updated, as requested.

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 8 of 11

Hi SandyCherry,

I'm truly sorry to hear about what's happened with your parents service.

Can you please update your community profile to include your parents:

• Name
    • Telephone number
    • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks, 
Jo

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

@SandyCherry Please put your parents' details in your community profile as advised by @martswain, click here for a shortcut. 

I have flagged this up for an urgent response.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 11

@SandyCherry 

Put your parent's phone number in the Private Notes of your community profile, click on your avatar at the top RHS of the page to start.

Accounts are rarely disconnected completely out of the blue, it is normally due to an impending cancellation or move being processed.

Has someone who is an authorised user or has POA contacted TT regarding the impending move and possibly gotten the dates wrong by a month ?

Staff will be back tomorrow and will NEED that phone number to identify the account, only they can see it.