Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Requesting Return Equipment (or Incur £50 fine;)

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 30 of 30

Hi

Received new router last Thursday, 22nd April.

On recognising that it offered improved connection, and less drop out, I returned previous equipment same day.

Surprised therefore to receive email today telling me Talktalk need receive the router before 8-5-'21 or I will be subject to £50 charge.

Post office issued a receipt when I submitted the package last Thursday.

Checked barcode and according to that, my previous router was delivered back 0n 24th April.

Does it take 4 days to register its arrival, or for some reason has this delivered not been ascribed to my account?

I did reply to the email but received reply stating Talktalk are unable to respond using that channel or something.

Barcode number for tracking, if someone wishes to check is DA537991925GB

Other details I have on the receipt from post office are building number *removed for security*

Hope this now can be checked and verified?

Bit tedious to be chased up for equipment that I returned so long ago, when it's down - really - to Talktalk's ineptness on logging their returns.

29 REPLIES 29

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 21 of 30

👍 - Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Hi @nicky62

Thanks for flagging this, we are working on this.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Message 23 of 30

Case by case on the public forum I've escalated threads for attention, @nicky62, but I also have a behind the scenes thread. The whole thing is being raised now, so let's hope that moving it up a level brings results soon.

Too many customers have already been burdened with this unnecessary hassle.... !

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 24 of 30

Ah, thank you Gliwmaeden2 - is there a separate thread relating to this.

As I made the post, the suggestions seemed to put it into account and billing but having placed it here, haven't seen any relating to same.

Await to hear verbatim from Talktalk themselves confirming they have this - aware posting the barcode detail may cause them inconvenience with copycats(?); but if they are going to inconvenience me, so I shall return the favour ; )

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

I have been beating a drum about this for the past couple of months, @nicky62.

I keep reporting cases to @StephenF, but so far they appear to be dealing with it on a case by case basis, rather than trying to get to the bottom of it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 26 of 30

Yes, I know I tracked it myself yesterday so am aware it is back with Talktalk

My question remains, why I have received email from Talktalk requesting for it back by 8th May, surely they cross check their records before sending out emails informing you of fees which will be incurred in event of non return?

Message 27 of 30
Delivered

Tracking no. DA537991925GB

Your item was delivered on 24-04-2021.

Service used:

Royal Mail Tracked Returns 48™

Updated on: Saturday 24 April
  1. 06:30am
    Delivered by Home Counties North MC
If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 28 of 30

Thanks Divsec

Hope so, don't relish thought of calling ; )

Keep well : )

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 29 of 30

Hi @nicky62 couldn't agree more the team here will get it sorted for you

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.