Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in final bill? Currently in the process of switching away from TalkTalk

rcd19
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Good morning,

I have just received an email noting that my bill for September is £31.74;  there are certainly anomalies (perhaps on the Faster Fibre price?) - as my bill is consistently £21.95 (if I do not exceed my allowances on calls etc, which I haven't in September).

I am in the process of leaving TalkTalk on 24th September (switching to Now), which is one day before my current contract  (with associated benefits / the £21.95 monthly charge) comes to an end.

I therefore believe the bill of £31.74 is incorrect - and I hope this can be looked into and resolved asap.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi rcd19

Your billing period is 8 September 2021 - 07 October 2021

Because your discounts will end the 24th Sept the billing system has calculated the period from 24th Sept to 7 October at full price this is outlined in the bill. 

There will be another bill produced on the 8 October which will show the overcharges in this bill as a credit, you will then be able to request a refund via My Account. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 6

@rcd19  make sure the funds are available as there is no chance a DD can be stopped with such short notice.

As @AllyM said, TT bill in advance, so any days after your contract end date will be billed at full price, therefore the bill is actually likely to be correct.

TT do not take into account pending transfers to other ISPs or cancellations, all refunds and adjustments are made once the changeover is complete.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

@rcd19 This has been escalated to the support team for you, they will respond as soon as they can.

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 4 of 6

Firstly, I would say that if the DD is due to be taken on 16th then it is almost certain that the process has been set in motion and can't be stopped now anyway.

It can take staff a few days to get round to replying. Another unfortunate thing is that by adding another post you have probably knocked the thread back to the end of the queue again.

If you want a faster response you can contact TalkTalk by phone on 0345 172 0046 or via live chat here: Our live chat team - TalkTalk Help & Support (that page also includes the current phone and chat support opening hours)

Regarding your bill, have you actually read it? Does it state the period covered?

As TalkTalk bill a month in advance from the bill date, it is likely that the bill period could extend past your contract end date when your in-contract discounts will also end, thus costing more. Any overcharge for days after your leaving date will obviously be refunded on your next bill.

0 Likes

rcd19
Team Player
Message 5 of 6

When should I expect a reply here? I'm just conscious that the bill amount will be taken from my account in three days (16th September).

0 Likes