Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F secure not working (expired) after free upgrade to Fibre broadband

Jack777
Participant
Message 8 of 8

Hiya I recieved this email from TalkTalk about a free upgrade wether I wanted it or not, but since they have upgraded me, my FSecure is saying expired? I have only ever had free Homesafe, after pressing renew it know wants £4 a month off me? So I have been upgraded for free but you have taken a free security off me to charge me £4 a month for the same free security. HOW IS THAT A FREE UPGRADE?! 

We’ve got some great news. You’ve been with TalkTalk for more than 3 years and as a thanks for being a loyal customer, we’re going to work on upgrading you to Fibre broadband, at no extra cost. This should give you more than 3x your current average speeds.

As part of this process an Openreach engineer may give you a quick call in the next two weeks to let you know the exact time they will be upgrading your broadband service to fibre. You may lose connection whilst the engineer connects the new line, but this shouldn’t be for any more than fifteen minutes.

Quick facts:
There is no charge for this work and if we are successful in making these improvements it won’t affect the price you pay each month.
If we are successful in making the upgrade, there will be no change to your contract.
You don’t need to do anything as we won’t need access to your home and you won’t need to change your router.
You won’t be sent a welcome pack, but you can track the upgrade progress within My Account.

We’ll get back to you soon to let you know if we’ve been able to carry out the improvements.

Your TalkTalk

I Cross
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Jack777, unfortunately sometime ago we did make changes to the SuperSafe cost and what's now happened is that when you've upgraded you've lost the single free licence. To reinstate SSB you'd have to sign up through MyAccount to the 10 user version for £4 per month. Your HomeSafe will remain free from charge and is still active on your account. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8
Not heard anything yet........
I Cross
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for that. I was offered an upgrade from normal broadband to fibre broadband for free with no change to my contract but that isn't the case if I have now lost my internet security that was included for free. I will wait to hear from talktalk and update you 🙂

I Cross
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@Jack777 HomeSafe and F-Secure/SuperSafe/Online Defence are two separate products.

The latter did formerly provide one free licence per customer, but that has since been scrapped going forwards. However, if that it was you did have and your upgrade quite clearly states there is no change to your contract, I am not sure that this should have happened here.

Assuming I have interpreted things correctly I have moved this topic to the Account area where the support team will be able to advise further, please give them a day or two to respond

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

Hi

Perhaps a free alternative, like MalwareBytes or

https://uk.pcmag.com/antivirus/120817/the-best-free-antivirus-protection

Message 6 of 8

I was on normal broadband and given me a free upgrade to fibre broadband (fibre 35). But as I have said , I have lost Homesafe Fsecure from my computer

I Cross
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

Hi

I am sceptical....

Words like

* Function to extract the root domain from a url and append the 'myaccount' subdomain
* @param {string} url
* @returns {string}

and I thought an upgrade was just a software thing done by TalkTalk, rather than an Openreach Intervention.

So what package do you currently have, and what is the upgrade to?

But I could be wrong.

0 Likes