Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO Arne

Whyme2
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 9

Hello

I have been advised to post in here .

I am currently on Fibre 35 on a discounted rate after issues of the last year. I am still having issues (awaiting different router).

Now Talktalk want to increase my contract (which I assumed was fixed) by £2.50. They are also introducing some inflation busting increases each year. I would like to stay on my current contract at the current price.

Les
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

salemoorsusie
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 9

I would be grateful if you could look into this for me. I switched to Plusnet today and tried to resolve this matter via chat but nothing sorted. I've switched well before the 18th July cut off date, so no fees for early termination should be charged.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

@salemoorsusie If you would like the support team to look into this for you it would be best to start your own topic. When you do, please advise when you called TalkTalk to tell them that you were leaving because of the price increase. 

salemoorsusie
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 9

Due to the same price hike as you for Fibre 35 I decided to switch to Plusnet at just £18.99 a month, rather than pay my current £23.50 plus increase of £2.50 making £26 per month. I was promised no early leaving fees would be charged, yet just received an email saying I would be charged £172.71 for terminating the contract that they've reneged on by increasing my fixed price contract! Spent an hour on online chat, endless security questions, and transfers to other departments and they still haven't resolved this error. I've had enough I'm outta here, bad customer service and loyal customers are expected to pay higher prices for their incompetence 😠

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

I am glad that you got a satisfactory deal. The sad thing is that all service providers - ISPs, gas. electricity, insurance etc. - know that most customers are passive and will put up with price increases through simple inertia, despite the likes of Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis banging on about the benefits of switching, or haggling. The guys with the corporate spreadsheets know this all too well. 

0 Likes

Whyme2
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for that, have rung and agreed new deal. If more of us do this maybe they will listen

Les

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

You cannot do that I'm afraid. Your options are to leave within 30 days of being notified without penalty, or call the customer loyalty team on 0345 172 0046 and express your displeasure with a view to agreeing an improved deal.