Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 150 Upgrade from Fibre 65 cost

SausageRoll
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

I was sold the Fibre 150 upgrade over the telephone as being cheaper than my current Fibre 65 package. How could I not agree to it? I was told the new price of £26 per month was cheaper than the £26.50 I was paying. However, I've just checked my account online and I was in fact only paying £24 per month, not £26.50. Okay, so £2.00 extra isn't so bad. I've today received my upgrade letter from TalkTalk with a breakdown of my package cost. The total is suddenly £30 per month, because the SuperSafe Boost which I had for free now has a £4 per month charge on it. In total I am being charged an extra £6 per month for this free upgrade.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

SausageRoll
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 5

@AllyM Sorted thanks. A long explanation, which I shall avoid, but price is fixed at £26 including Supersafe Boost. Thanks for the suggestion and telephone number. The lad on the phone was really helpful and got it all sorted. 😁

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Like I said, phone the Loyalty team. Tell them what you want, and try to make sure they don't add a contract admin fee.

SausageRoll
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 5

After reading another thread earlier, I checked my Spam box and found that 95% of talktalk email had headed there. Doh! I assume the increase one got deleted automatically before I realised a load of emails were in there. I'd still like to see the supersafe boost honoured as free.

0 Likes

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 4 of 5

Did you get an email recently about the £2.50 per month price increase?

It could be that they were referring to if your Fibre65 was due to increase from £24 to £26.50

In any case I think your best bet would be to call the Loyalty Team on 0345 172 0046 (I suggest you say "loyalty team" when asked why you are calling to get you straight through to the correct department) to discuss what amendments you want.