Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre set up fee charges

vukcevic
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Earlier today I agreed new 18 months fibre 18 month contract via chat line since your voice operator said phone calls are off  due to a technical problem.

Tamia: 

"The normal cost of the set up is £60 however you will not pay that with the deal today. So, you will be saving as the set up will be free for you now.
There’s a setup fee of <£0.00>."

However the contract emailed  specifies:

"One-off charges

Wi-fi Hub - £0.00

Set-up Fee - £60.00"

There is no indication as agreed in the chat contract arrangement that one off set-up charge of £60 is not payable

Can TalkTalk clarify since the chat line is closed and phone contact are not available.

Thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

...just need to add that Openreach are now prioritising repair work and not carrying out work in customer homes unless it can be done in safety for vulnerable customers without any other service.

This means there may be a delay in starting your fibre service if there's an Openreach delay but the terms of free setup will be honoured when service does start. You should get updates on your order in your MyAccount.

About your line activation day 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

will do.

thanks again

v.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

...100%

And you have the chat transcript. So if you have any problem just give me a shout.

And...

Welcome to the TalkTalk Community.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hope you are right.

Thank you

v.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @vukcevic 

It's normal to see the set-up fee quoted but there will be an equal credit in the first invoice to offset the set-up fee. You will not pay any set-up fee. It'll be free.