Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill after bereavement

Christopher W
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi all.

I received a final bill for my late Mother's Talk Talk account on the 19/06/21 of £36.15.

It included faster fibre reversal charges and a early termination fee of £1.34, which I found disgusting due to the reason for the closure of the account.

I queried this with the customer service team, who told me that Talk Talk do not charge early termination fees due to the closure of an account as a result of a bereavement.

I explained that there was such a charge on the bill, along with fibre reversal charges, and I was again told that Talk Talk do not charge in this circumstance, and that the letter was automated, and that I would receive another letter.

The customer service advisor could not explain clearly to me why the charge had occurred or what the faster fibre reversal charges were.

The letter also states that the payment due date was the 30/06/21 - I advised the customer service advisor that this was not possible as my late Mother's estate is subject to Probate being approved.

I have never received another letter.

I also complained about the standard letter issue, with no offer of condolence.

How can Talk Talk get such a sensitive issue wrong at such a very difficult time?

Any help appreciated to resolve this matter.

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Christopher W

I cant send letters out, sorry.  but there will be a final zero balance bill sent out in the next few days, I have ordered a returns bag to be sent out also.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thanks for your help @Arne-TalkTalk- that's great - much appreciated.

Is it possible for this to be confirmed in writing by a letter please?

Could you also arrange for a returns bag to be dispatched to my address please, I have 2 routers and associated equipment that I would like to return to Talk Talk?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi  @Christopher W

The balance has been settled, the account is now fully closed, with nothing owed. 

Sorry for any distress caused. 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for that, please bear in mind that in light of the Bank Holiday weekend it may be a day or two before you get a further response from the support team. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk . I've added my late Mother's telephone number to the private notes section of my profile as suggested by @ferguson.

Message 6 of 11

Thanks ferguson - I've done that.

Message 7 of 11

Hi @Christopher W

Sorry to read of your loss. 

Can you add the landline number of your mothers account and I can look into this for you. 

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

Put the landline number concerned in the Private notes section and make clear that this is the account in question. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks Ferguson. It is my account that I am posting from and my profile contains my landline and mobile number - should I PM a support team member the landline number concerned when they reply to this post, or change my details in my profile?

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Sorry to read this. If you can put the TalkTalk landline number associated with the account in your community profile (click here) the support team will look into this for you.

0 Likes