Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Bill after Renewal

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

Just received my first bill on my new package and again Why is it so hard to understand. I know both packages over-lap hence the various price differences but come on.

When is the best time to renew to avoid theses extra charges ie; month to month, boosts etc...or Is this just the norm?

Also, why am I still receiving e-mails regarding Re-newing my Package along with Free gifts when I wasns,t offered any of these over the phone?

Cheers

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hey Gerry, 

If you're not interested in taking up the offer, please disregard the email.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 2 of 15

Hi Jo,

The issue is I have renewed over the phone..back on the 12th of this month.

Why am I  still receiving e mails to renew with higher contract prices and free electronic devices.

I don't think I,ll click on any link..?

Cheers

YNWA-JFT 97

Message 3 of 15

Hi Gerry, 

No problem. If you're interested in the offer, please follow the link on the email to finalise the order.

Thanks,

Jo

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 4 of 15

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the info on the renewal date..?

The e mails are indeed stating Renewal via One Click..

Cheers

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi GerryMac,

You can renew your contract 30 days before the contract end date. 

In regards to the emails you're receiving, are these inviting you to enter into a new agreement via one click?

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 6 of 15

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the info.

But is there an ideal date to renew, specially if you know your end contract date...and have you any bearing on these e mails being sent out asking me to renew with an abundance of free gifts..?...

Cheers

G

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 7 of 15

Hi Gerry,

As we bill in advance for our services, there will be a slight increase on your next bill when making changes, however, there will be a credit reversal the month after.

Thanks, 

Jo

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 15

OK, I've done a bit more digging (no, I don't have a life)!

Apparently you will not get any increases during the period of your contract. And once it ends it will increase by inflation only, no addition. In return you are paying an extra £2 a month. This from a number of independent sources, none that I could find from TalkTalk directly. 

0 Likes

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 9 of 15

Yes it was explained at point of sale but You know how these things pan out..lol All the literature sent out is incorrect but on My Account it has the correct price ( boost price only)

Cheers.

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 15

Well honestly, I have no idea. Did they not explain at the point of sale?

0 Likes

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 11 of 15

Yes...Fixed Price Plus...

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 15

Did you go for the Fixedy Dixedy Plus or whatever the heck they call it? Nobody has a clue how that works and even questions on here have yielded answers none.

0 Likes

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 13 of 15

At least they got that right,.ferguson...?

Contract price is what was agreed but I wonder will that increase by inflation next April...it shouldn't ?

Cheers

G

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

These transition Bills are always barely fathomable Gerry, the important thing I have found to look out for is that your newly agreed package costs are accurate going forwards.