Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First bill unexplained

marksmen
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 4

Having had my go live date delayed without notification and having waited in all day for a router that never arrived, I was advised that I would be compensated for this. I have received my first bill and no compensation has been added. Also there is an unexplained charge of £3.61 for something against a fibre 65 line. I had signed up for fibre 65 unlimited downloads for 18 months @@ £22, so what's this for. My router finally arrived 4 days after my go live date ! 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi @marksmen

Thanks for you post. 

You have been charged from the go live date to the first bill date, then the advance month which is why the 1st bill is higher, I appreciate that you couldn't use the service on the go live date due to not have the router. 

The router delay falls under the auto compensation policy, this can take up to 30 days to show, I will ask the team to look at this and apply the credit ASAP. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

@marksmen, the £22.00 per full month is going forward from the date the bill was made up. Any surplus before that is going to cover the few days of service you had before that, pro rata.

Compensation can take at least 30 days to be awarded:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

Go into the search box and look at the article on FIRST BILL.

Any compensation will be added once the relevant team have assessed what you are entitled to, there is no way that can have been known prior to your first bill being produced.

0 Likes