Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Price

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

Had rang Loyalty today regarding my package.This end on the 07/11 and would want sommat similar.

Apparently TT have done away with the package I,m on so was offered Fibre 65 at a good price but was haggling over All Calls Boost.

The agent said that the price was fixed for the length of the contract but I could take a cheaper rate(discount of £1.50ish)that wouldn't b fixed!!

I thought that All contracts were subject to the annual £2 rise in April.Is this correct??

I told the agent I,ll think about the new offer..it is over £7 more expensive that the current deal I,m on.😲

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 1 of 14

Rang Loyalty yesterday and received a good deal for another 18 months.Fixed price and half price Calls Boost for the duration on contract..Didn't want the e mail regarding TT TV as that wasn't discussed during call.

Very happy with the deal 

Cheers

YNWA-JFT 97

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 14

No worries. Always appreciated your sig.  👍

#YNWA #JFT97

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 3 of 14

Hi,

Yes..18months on the On-Line Deal. The words Fixed and Plus were not mentioned but then again they could have been, when my voice was raised a tad while haggling..😆

The phone deal looks likely but if the land-line isn,t used I can delete that boost.

Thanks for the assistance.

Will do.

Cheers G

YNWA-JFT 97

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 14

OMG, why does it have to be so complicated?  🤪

Do you mean 18 months on the online deal, or over the phone? If you prefer the certainty of no price increases for the duration of your contract then by all means go for Fixed Price Plus, that is effectively a hedge bet you are making against inflation rising above a certain level. Good luck and do let us know what you settle for in the end.  🙂

0 Likes

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 5 of 14

@ferguson I think I,ve spotted the catch.. All Calls Boost is Free for 18months, so if I don,t delete that it will be the full price. The annual price increase isn,t added to the full price package so with deal over the phone doesn,t look too bad..taking in the above..but then again I may be wrong..lol

YNWA-JFT 97

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 14

I think there is a difference of interpretation here @GerryMac, it may be best to wait and see if the support team can shed any light.

Alternatively, try the retentions team on 0345 172 5157 and see if they can clear up the terms of that deal, or better still arrange something for you directly. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

It's badly presented sales spin, and the small print suggests that you will be charged extra for the Anytime calls boost, @GerryMac.

If you set it up online, you'll have to phone again anyway to argue your case.

I would phone anyway and haggle:

03451 720046

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 8 of 14

GerryMac_0-1632397357940.png

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

The discounts don't always coincide, but that screenshot looks clear enough to me. What does it say under the "more details" link, or any other associated small print??

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 10 of 14

That,s what I thought but the agent knew better, apparently. Surely the Calls Boost would not end before the contract ends or is there a catch. The agent seems to think so!!! That price will increase next April to £29..there,s the catch!!

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

That's a pretty good deal,  why not just renew online? 

0 Likes

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 12 of 14

GerryMac_0-1632392127459.png

I did tell the agent about this offer, which in my mind, includes the All Calls Boost but was told it was only for 18months and I would end up paying more!! Can,t seem to figure that out.

To me this deal looks OK even with the problems I have read regarding the Free Amazon stuff. The agent was quick to gloss over that bit and said that On-line offers weren,t quite as good and had hidden flaws.

It can,t be that bad to re-new either by phone or On-Line??

Cheers

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 13 of 14

Annual rises are CPI + 3.7%, effective next year, that applies to normal contracts.

You can opt for the fixed price plus which overrides that annual increase and fixes the price for the contract duration, but the initial cost will be higher.

As for the calls boost, I am currently being offered it for £5 a month as an offer in my online account, so if you renew without the calls you may find an offer pops up later.

The best advice I can give is to trawl the comparison websites for the best price for Fibre 65 and any boosts you require and armed with your "target price" get back on the phone to the loyalty team