Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed fibre plus?

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

Hi we just renewed been with TT since 2007. We agreed on 24month package and then asked about FFP. We asked operator would advise he said he would take it. So we said yes. Just what is it? Should we decide to can we remove it is it an ad on? Just feel about confused as money is tight. Cannot afford paying more than necessary. Thanks for help 

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 5

Ok is the plus any other increases in broadband costs. Ias well as inflation and CPI. TT could change that as well who knows?☺️

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 5
"What is TalkTalk fixed price plus?
Pay a little more each month throughout your minimum contract term and we guarantee to completely fix your broadband price. 15 Jun 2021"

@silverbird63  it was entirely your choice whether you renewed at the variable price or FPP.

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 5

Does that mean we have to renegotiate? I am not good at working out all that differential etc. Does any one know what the plus means in FFP? Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

@silverbird63 

Fixed Price Plus means you are immune to the CPI + 3.7% price rise each April, however to get that you pay a premium over the normal contract price.

At this time, you will be paying more than a customer who didn't take FPP.

Whether that saves you money over the 24 month contract term will depend on the current price differential and future inflation.

It is not an add-on and if you want out of the contract you have the usual cooling off period to agree something else.