Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed price contract.

brbrown
Whizz Kid
Message 35 of 35

Does anyone know how much extra I would have to pay per month to have a fixed price Super Fibre 65 Bundle Deal of £29.95 when I renew my contract please?

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi GerryMac,

I can see we've been helping you via PM, please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

Hi brbrown,

Really sorry for the delay.

I'll take a look at what's happening, have sent you a PM requesting for some details and will help once I have those. 

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Thanks for that Gerry. I hope we get it sorted out in the end. Brian

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 4 of 35

@brbrown Received a letter and e mail regarding mine. Both the letter and e mail are incorrect according to what was agreed on the phone. So, like you, will wait until the first bill arrives..

Can't wait...🤔

Why is it so hard to renew😡

YNWA-JFT 97

Message 5 of 35

Hello Ferguson. I will wait.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Hello Mart. I am afraid it does not sort it and I notice some of my replies are not showing.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hello Ally. I never get an email. I get a letter but it does not confirm what has been agreed by telephone.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 35

@brbrown If you wait for a response from the support team they will be able to check the details of your latest deal for you. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

If the system has logged you out, posts can be in a different format.

Logging back in should sort it.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

@brbrown I usually get an email confirmation when I renew my contract, so not sure why you need to get it in writing.

As for the forum posts, check the "Display" tab in your preferences to see if "Threaded Format" is selected, in which case a reply to a post in a topic will be inserted under that post rather than added to the end of the topic.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Well I am afraid I don't trust the answer. I think the only way I will know now is to wait till my first bill arrives then ring again if it is wrong.

Changing the subject, I am puzzled why all these posts are not in order. They seem jumbled up.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 35

Oh dear. So have you got what you believe is a final answer now? 

0 Likes

brbrown
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 35

Hello again Ferguson. The fiasco continues. I telephoned TT and agreed details of a new contract which I was told was placed on the TT system form to renew my contract soon. When I tried to do that on 11th Oct, the renewal offer did not exist so I agreed details of another contract and I asked for write confirmation. All I got was  a letter confirming my renewal but with different prices so I contacted TT again only to be told the previous details were incorrect, so I agreed new details for the new contract to start. I have asked again for the details and prices to be confirmed in writing. I just wonder why all the Customer Services personnel cannot be told the same thing. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Thanks for that AllyM.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

@brbrown wrote:

I notice as well that the Fibre35 is advertising 67Mb/s.

That is clearly an error as Fibre35 is capped at 40Mbps downstream speed.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Thanks for that information. I notice from a circular I have just received that the Fibre 65 price has now changed to £24. I notice as well that the Fibre35 is advertising 67Mb/s. It is becoming bewildering.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 17 of 35

@brbrown, they have moved many customers from ordinary Fast Broadband to FTTC in recent months, but one doesn't always know until it's up and running just what speeds the line can support. There's been varying success, and sometimes the Fibre65 speed is disappointingly low compared with expectations. Not better enough compared with Fibre35. 

It probably saves Talktalk a lot of hassle during this phase of rapid development in the infrastructure if they keep prices the same for these two products, as customers can't claim that they are not getting what they are paying for and try to downgrade to Fibre35  if that's the same price anyway....

And Fibre35 customers getting good speeds will feel they are getting good value.

If that's the thinking, I'd say it's not entirely irrational, but who knows with TT?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Hello Gerry. It's all a bit confusing with the different offers and there appears to be things in the small print that  can catch you out. I am always disappointed that Talktalk don't tell you everything in their adverts and I always feel there is a catch so I am very wary about the deals offered. It's the same with that wonderful sounding Super Fibre 65 Bundle Deal at £25.95pm. It's not as wonderful as it sounds and why is the Fibre 35 deal the same.price? I can't get an answer.

GerryMac
Philosopher
Message 19 of 35

I too have that exact deal sitting on My Account..only at £27/month

I did ring Loyalty and told them about it..apparently it,s not as good as the one the agent told me about.

Your correct it has Free Calls Boost but on mine it,s only for 18months, probably have to pay full price for last 6 months of the 24 month contract.

Like you I will wait and see what comes up.

I was quoted a few quid of a difference between the Fixed Price Plus but that price of the renewable contract isn't fixed.Mine is £27/month..next April that will be £29

Cheers

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Thank you and Arne. I will wait to closer to my contract end.