Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to change my billing email address due to Talktalk mail update

timpea
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

Hi,  Reason for this is a letter from talktalk stating that my email account no longer works for online billing and informing myself I would have to pay for paper billing. Even though my email is working perfectly.

After many chat conversations I am informed by them all that Talktalk can not send emails to Talktalk.net addresses anymore because of the recent updates to the mail system and I would have to use a gmail account to continue with online billing. This problem was created by yourselves and through no fault of my own I have to make adjustments.

Having tried every which way I can I can not change my billing address, all of the use (less) guide  pages and chat techies are of no help as menus that should be there are not. In the my account section the only emails it allows me to put in are talktalk ones so am currently stuck.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for looking into this as it was not just one but several chat advisers that told me this along with a manager I was passed onto at one stage, I have put my landline number into my details.

Tim

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi @timpea

Id still like to investigate, because that information is wrong, there is nothing stopping customers using @talktalk.net addresses (my own bills come to a @talktalk address) 

I'll let you know what I find. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Many thanks I have sorted it now. What frustrated me the most was that I could not get the message across to the techie chat people was that it was not my fault that you couldn't send my billing emails to my talktalk address after you did your mail update all I kept getting was you need to change your billing email to a gmail one but wonder upon wonder I could not do that because that system was down and it took three days of trying before I could do it.

Strange but true after I did manage to change my billing email I get a talktalk email to my talktalk account stating that my talktalk billing email had changed.

In all honesty this level of service to a long standing customer does not inspire me with any confidence of staying with yourselves in the future.

On top of that your new email system is as slow and clunky as the old system.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi @timpea

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes