Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formal Complaint against Talk Talk

Jasper437
Participant
Message 10 of 10

I renewed my contract with TT for Fibre65 and telephone boost.

The CS agent read out T&C staing prices for new agreement ie for phone boost it stated £5 charge per month for the first 24 months. 

Then on my first bill, they charged me £7 an increase of £2 a month, I challenged TT by chat, but the agent says the goverment allow them to increase the charge,

I disa gree with them ang loged a Formal Complaint in which I appear to be being fobbed off.

If needed could I progress my Complaint to the Ombudsman as the CISAS is a waste.

Pete
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

I think this is post made on a phone and Auto correct has kicked in,  look at the time of the post, unless @Frustrated_daughter  makes a new post there is not much we can do.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 10

I'll get a moderator to take look at this, @AllyM.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

@martswain wrote:

@Frustrated_daughter  you need to start your own topic, you cannot piggyback on this one.

What are "youth humps" and "youth" ?

It makes no sense !

I could be wrong, but to me it looks like some kind of AI generated spam.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 10

@Frustrated_daughter  you need to start your own topic, you cannot piggyback on this one.

What are "youth humps" and "youth" ?

It makes no sense !

Please use some paragraphs, it so difficult to read as it is.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10
  • My mother has been receiving letters for about 8 months youth humps even though she has cancelled and this has been youth as counselled Andy has been acknowledged several times on phone calls then contradiction calls then contradictions received in the form of letters and declaration debt collection we provided  Youth notice and even after many months have passed have passed and having no service they are still asking they are still asking for money Youth and sending matters she has spoken with them on youth spoken with them on multiple occasions where she receives apologies where she receives apologies and then starts to receive letters starts to receive letters again. My mum broke down crying  To let me know that she'd been trying all these months Been trying all these months and cannot understand what and cannot understand what the problem is. After looking around just for a few moments I can see that talk talk do this concede that talk talk do this to many people and so I will be pressing for the so I will be pressing for the harshest repercussions That I am capable of

My mother has been receiving letters for about 8 months even though she has cancelled and this has been acknowledged several times on phone calls. She does not know how to record call and thought TT recorded them. I now realise this is a move on their part and are quite sly. Debt collections letters have been sent regardless of doing all that she should of canceling even repeatedly and making many calls and emails.

My mum broke down crying  To let me know that she'd been trying all these months and cannot understandwhat the problem is.

After looking online e just for a few moments I can see that talk talk do this to many people and so I will be pressing direct to a formal complaint as it seem it will land here eventually.
    Please let me know how you suggest I procede

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 10

The renewal summary also direct you to the full version of the Ts and Cs on the website where it states that boost prices are variable.

You are still getting the same discount which will be advised in your bills, however on the increased base price.

Not the first or last time this has happened where a customer does not fully understand what they have signed up for.

0 Likes

Jasper437
Participant
Message 7 of 10

I hear what you all say regards phone boosts.  However when I renewed my contract and T&Cs it was clearly stated:

Your phone boost will be charged at £5 per month for the 24 months after that it will be £14.

How clear is that, TT also do not like complaints, they look goody goody with their Complaint procedures but ignore them.

But having faced TT silly games before I intend to go the whole way with this complaint.  Take note TT

Pete

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

CISAS is your only option for a resolution service.

There is no ombudsman that deals with individual complaints, however you can complain to OFCOM if you think TT's Terms and Conditions are unfair.

As the increase in the boost charge was notified on the website well in advance I doubt you will get anywhere.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Jasper437

Sorry that you are unhappy.

Phone boosts are not part of the basic contract as they can be added and removed every 30 days. 

The unlimited calls boost price increased last month by £2 all customers where notified of this change and it is part of the terms and conditions that prices can change. 

Regards

0 Likes