Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Fibre Upgrade - Please remove unsolicited TV package and Supersafe Boost

Dotishere
First Timer
Message 16 of 16

Hello

As a loyal customer I am being upgraded to Fibre tomorrow (3 August) free of charge.

But My Account shows an unsolicited TV package, and Supersafe Boost as Ordered Products.

I do not wish to have any TV package, or the Supersave Boost.

Please remove as soon as possible.

Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 16

Hi Dotishere

Sorry for the delay.  

I have checked your account and I can confirm that it does not include the TV charge or the Supersafe boost

Regards.

0 Likes

Dotishere
First Timer
Message 2 of 16

Hi Arne, I have provided the information requested.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi @Dotishere

I have resent the security confirmation PM.

Let me know when its completed. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 16

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @Dotishere. There was a lot of staff absence on this board and they are now catching up from oldest to newest posts. It's best to wait for them to reply, to keep the thread moving forward in the queue. 

Hopefully a response before the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Dotishere
First Timer
Message 5 of 16

I raised this on 2 August, that's 9 days ago.

Please may I have confirmation that I will not be charged for any TV package or Supersafe Boost which were unsolicited, but showing as Ordered Products prior to my free Fibre upgrade.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Dotishere
First Timer
Message 6 of 16

Thanks for that Martin, but the Inbox is empty.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 16

@Dotishere  click on your avatar at the top RHS of the page, then the envelope.

0 Likes

Dotishere
First Timer
Message 8 of 16

Hello Jo, sorry I can't find any messages from you?

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 9 of 16

Hi Dotishere,

Apologies, please ignore my last message.

Have sent you a PM requesting for some details, we'll then take a look at what's happening.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 10 of 16

Hi Dotishere,

Apologies for the delay.

I'm sorry to read about what's happened. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
    • Telephone number
    • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks, 
Jo

0 Likes

teaman99
Chat Champion
Message 11 of 16

Its a disgusting practice that needs stopped and has been going on for sometime,having to stop something you have not ordered and the inconvenience of it all should never be put there in the first place.So the question is why are they allowed to do this in the first place,and no smart answers like because they can.So if they can they can stop it as well.Now do it and save all the hassle to the customer who should not be having to go through all the hassle to get something removed they did not ask for.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 16

@Dotishere Have you tried Live chat? I have just checked and they are available now, click here, they should be able to help. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 16

The general advice is to phone to get this removed, @Dotishere.

Staff have stepped in to help where customers have difficulty with phoning. Wait to see what they say when they reach your post. 

This can take a couple of days or so. 

One way or another, they have to remove it, as you never asked for the extras in the first place!

Dotishere
First Timer
Message 14 of 16

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thanks for your post, but other customers have recently had exactly the same issue which have been resolved through the forum.

I'm not good on the phone and would much prefer this resolved via this forum if the Support Team can help.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

This cannot be done through the forum, @Dotishere.

The phone line is open till 7pm this evening,  but they will probably say you need to wait for the order to go live, as they can't usually change things while they are pending. 

Make sure that you spell out the fact that you never asked for these add-ons.

Talktalk has an annoying habit of slipping these in, creating a lot of unnecessary work to get them removed and wasting customers' time!

You need to phone 03451 720046.

If you miss them today, try after 9am.

0 Likes