Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free gift promotional code not working

durdle
Super Duper Contributor
Message 11 of 11

When I recently signed up for Fibre65, I was offered a free Echo Dot and Smart plug. My first promotional code was rejected by Amazon. My second code, received on Oct 1st, was accepted at checkout but, on each of the several occasions I've tried to use it, Amazon has accepted it but failed to reduce the cost to zero and I've cancelled the order. I enquired on Amazon Chat but was told there was no such promotion under way. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but who knows? 

johno
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

durdle
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 11

It seems my problems with the code were that I could only apply it successfully if I first attempted to scan it but then cancelled the scan. The code was rejected if I just entered it without the scan phase. Many thanks to the Talktalk team for their patience. 

johno

Message 3 of 11

Hi durdle,

Thanks for confirming.

Have sent you a PM requesting for some details, I'll then look into this for you further.

Thanks,

Jo

durdle
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 11

I selected the product from the link in the Talktalk email within which the code was provided. That took me to Amazon Smile and I put the two items in my basket before checking out. Then,  yes,  I used Gift cards and promotional codes to enter the code before hitting the Buy now button. I also tried buying direct from whence the link took me and still didn't get the cost reduced to zero. 

johno

Message 5 of 11

Hi durdle,

Sorry for the delay.

Can you advise if you're selecting the product sold by Amazon and not a third party seller, if so are you entering the code at check our under the 'Gift cards and promotional codes' section?

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

durdle
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 11

No worries, @Gliwmaeden2, I have till the end of December to redeem the code.  I tried it again this evening and still didn't get the price reduction. Amazon must be wondering why I keep ordering the items and then cancelling.

johno

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 11

Yes, Jo provided cover that day.

Please wait for staff to reach your thread next week. I'll re-escalate it to make sure that it hasn't dropped out of the workflow. 

There was still a bit of backlog last week, @durdle.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

durdle
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 11

OK,  thanks. It was Jo in the social team who asked me to open this new thread and I just assumed that's who would be following it up. Somehow,  I don't think I'll ever understand how things work here.  

johno
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

@durdle, Arne is the main staff member for this area of the forum but will be away for a few weeks. 

Cover is being organised, but we don't know exactly who yet.

Your thread has not been overlooked,  but this board generally has fewer people covering issues and so it will take longer to get a reply (Monday to Friday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

durdle
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 11

@SocialTeamJo, have you looked at this yet,  please? Is the thread even where you wanted me to leave it for you? 

johno
0 Likes