Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre 900 upgrade but no billing

Thedude
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I was upgraded to Future Fibre 900 on 27th May, with my usual billing date being the 6th of the month.  Nothing has been taken from my account so I am wondering if the billing date has been changed.

I called support and was told to check the MyAccount section of the website for this information but I can no longer access this since the upgrade with a message saying my access is suspended if I try to login.
I'm aware that the MyAccount issues are a bug within the system when upgrading to Future Fibre from an existing package so I can wait for that to be sorted but I'd just like to know when and how much I'm going to be billed please.  

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Thedude 

Grateful thanks for coming back with the update. Yes, all ties in perfectly. Knowing how process driven the provisioning of service is and how unforgiving the automated billing system is when there's a bill to pay but that system hasn't been updated with the current status of your broadband service.

Great to know that you had good service from the billing team support agent to enable you to clear the old package billing. So now it's just waiting on the reconciliation billing for the upgrade and the Future Fibre account to start.

Enjoy the weekend.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Thedude
Team Player
Message 2 of 10

I had a 40 min call with support and got this sorted.  You were almost spot on with what had happened, Gondola. 

Basically, the Fibre 65 package had been disabled when the FF900 line went live but the monthly bill had already been generated.  The direct debit couldn't be triggered on the due date and there wasn't a new service set up on MyAccount so it wouldn't allow me access to see any of this or pay the bill.

The support agent re-enabled the old package on MyAccount so I could log in and pay the bill whilst I was still talking to them and has made a request for it to be updated to the new Future Fibre package once the payment has cleared. 

Thedude
Team Player
Message 3 of 10

Will do, that seems like a reasonable explanation of what could be happening.  The whole upgrade process seems really disconnected, I've had to call support to trigger every step so far.

Message 4 of 10

OK, stay in touch and let us know if the Future Fibre billing team can sort out the billing aspects.

It's possible that the billing for your former package is still active although the Direct Debit take has been suppressed pending a reconciliation bill being calculated for part former service and part new Future Fibre service. It'll be the billing system for the former package that's triggered the 'unpaid bill' process.

And if the new billing hasn't been triggered yet because the Future Fibre order hasn't been completed then the date for the upgrade will not have triggered the Future Fibre billing to produce the reconciliation bill and then the part first month of the Future Fibre bill.

I think the billing team need to force the Future Fibre order into completion and that should start the new billing but they might need to put a stop on the billing for the former package.

The above is my take on what's happening so it'll be of interest to see how this gets resolved.

Thedude
Team Player
Message 5 of 10

Thanks Gondola, there was nothing offered other than free Total Home Wifi and eero pro 6 routers being included with the package when I was contacted about the upgrade and I've never had a confirmation email or any other documentation about the service so it's hard to know for sure.  If I was getting 3 months' free it wasn't mentioned though.

I'll try contacting them again tomorrow if it's not resolved, thanks a lot for pushing the request.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Just to let you know that I've pushed a request for urgent help because, if genuine, it doesn't seem fair for the billing system to trigger an 'unpaid bill' process.  The other thing that may be relevant to not getting any take on the Direct Debit is that some customers being upgraded were offered 3 months' free. Might this be the case here?

Bearing in mind we're bumping up against the weekend when there's not normally any TalkTalk support for Community, have you re-contacted the Future Fibre team and talked to their Billing people? 0345 172 0074 up to 6pm tonight or 9am - 5.30pm over the weekend.

The Future Fibre Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and LiveChat with the Future Fibre Team.

Future Fibre Support Hub

LiveChat to the Future Fibre team

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Scroll down the Future Fibre Support Hub page to GET IN TOUCH. if you don't see a blue Chat now button then pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers or similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to the Future Fibre team on 0345 172 0074 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate or included in your UK mobile allowance.

Future Fibre Help

Future Fibre - Your Future Fibre bill

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Gondola, thanks for the reply.

I did get the usual billing email two days after the FF 900 service went live and it did state the usual billing date but it was for the Fibre 65 service I have upgraded from and no debit has been taken on the due date. 

The text is genuine, it came from the same number that informed me of the Future Fibre upgrade and Google shows it as belonging to Talk Talk so I am fairly worried that things have gone awry as nothing has gone smoothly with this upgrade so far.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Thedude 

I'd look carefully at the text. Is it genuine? Scams often push a sense of urgency to do something like logging in to your customer account.

Even though you cannot sign in to your MyAccount you should have received an email notification of a bill. And if you have an active Direct Debit then the bill would be paid automatically.

0 Likes

Thedude
Team Player
Message 9 of 10

Things have just taken an unexpected twist.  I've had a text from Talk Talk just now telling me that I have an outstanding bill and I need to log in to MyAccount (which I can't do) and pay it today to avoid my service being switched off.  My bills have always been paid by direct debit and as soon as nothing came out on the 6th I chased it up but I'm getting nowhere here.

Can anyone advise what to do next?  I work from home and I really can't afford to be without an internet service because a company oddly won't take my money.
Thanks.

0 Likes