Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gets worse everytime i try to contact TalkTalk

surfingstevie
Participant
Message 7 of 7

Had a Package on my account i didnt want eventally it had been taken off so i could renew to this deal i wanted and suddlenly i get a Invice for £19.95 and a £60 set up fee what going on and the Online chat guy just goes round in circles. At the bottom is the Conversation Pointless empoling them no help whats so ever.

Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).png

TalkTalk: Hi, welcome to TalkTalk. One of our agents will be with you shortly.

Changes to your account will only be made when confirmed in this chat.  If for any reason your chat ends before receiving confirmation, please chat back.

This conversation will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes and may be used in the future to help us deal with your queries quicker. To find out how we will use your data, visit talktalk.co.uk/privacy.

TalkTalk: You are now through to Yolanda. How can I help you?
Yolanda: Hope you're well.  Do you still need some help today?
Yolanda: 

Good evening, I trust you are well. You are through to the Order Management team.

steven nicholson: yes please
steven nicholson: just upgraded and it should be no set up fee and £17.18 a month
Yolanda: 

I understand your reason for chatting today and I would be more than happy to advise you.

steven nicholson: ok thanks
Yolanda: 

I will need to put you through to our customer service and billing team as they are better equipped to assist you in regards to that. Is that okay? 

steven nicholson: ok
Yolanda: 

Please stay connected. 

TalkTalk: Please stay online whilst we transfer you to the relevant department who will be able to review today's discussion.
TalkTalk: You are now through to Lyncoln. How can I help you?
steven nicholson: hi
Lyncoln: 

Good afternoon, Steven. You are through to the Loyalty team. how can I help you today?

steven nicholson: just renewed at £17.18 and no set up fee has that gone through
steven nicholson: https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/?_ga=2.11197300.19********.********09-159219273.1548688234&_...
Lyncoln: 

Rest assured you are through to right person, I will certainly help you with that Steven.

steven nicholson: ok thanks
Lyncoln:

• I can see you have logged into MyAccount before chatting with us today so there's no need for us to ask any security questions.

Lyncoln: 

Please allow me a moment to access into your account Steven.

Lyncoln: 

Thank you for your patience Steven. From looking into your account Steven I can see that you are on the Fast Broadband with average speeds of 11Mbps unlimited Fibre broadband, free landline calls between TalkTalk homes and inclusive privacy features and online security.

steven nicholson: i have just renewed it did it not go through
steven nicholson: https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/?_ga=2.11197300.19********.********09-159219273.1548688234&_...
Lyncoln: 

If you don't mind me asking, did you renew your contract with us or online?

steven nicholson: this is what i wanted £17.18 36mb
steven nicholson: just did it
Lyncoln: 

Please do not send the link because I cannot access into it.

Lyncoln: 

If you don't mind me asking, which package have you been renewed onto?

steven nicholson: fasterfibre
Lyncoln: 

Okay Steven please allow me to clearly understand, have you paid your set up fee?

steven nicholson: no
steven nicholson: it says free
Lyncoln: 

Okay so if you don't mind me asking further on, what is your request?

steven nicholson: has the deal gone through
steven nicholson: first thing i asked you
steven nicholson: steven nicholson at 19:56, Jan 31: just renewed at £17.18 and no set up fee has that gone through
Lyncoln: 

Yes Steven indeed it has gone through, and you should be receiving a notification within the next 24 hours from the time you applied for it.

Lyncoln: 

Is there anything else that I can help you with Steven?

steven nicholson: so what is the Priceing cause im shaw it said £60 set up fee and £19.95 a month
Lyncoln: 

Yes the set up fee is 60.00 once-off, then this means you will be paying only 19.95 each month on your contract.

steven nicholson: so at the start when i asked you the price should be £17.18 and no set up fee why didnt you say
steven nicholson: thats not what i signed up for
Lyncoln: 

If you dont mind me asking did you renew the contract online Steven?

steven nicholson: yes
steven nicholson: you asked me that ages ago
Lyncoln: 

Okay so that is why I cant access into your account Steven.

steven nicholson: so how did you see the £19.95 and £60 setup
Lyncoln: 

In accordance of the information that you have given to me. You will have to log into the myAccount App and you will be able to see and update your details.

Lyncoln: 

Is there anything that I can help you with ?

steven nicholson: you havented helped me
TalkTalk: A copy of this conversation will be sent to *removed for security*
Lyncoln: 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you today Steven, however for you to update your details you will have to log into MyAccount. Since this offer was online for the package.

steven nicholson: i am on my account and cant see nothing thats why i have been chatting to you going round in circles you havnt helped me one bit
Lyncoln: 

As I alerted you earlier Steven that you will be able to see you notification after 24 hours.

steven nicholson: i give up mate if you can see it How did you get the random numbers of £60 setup and £19.95 a month
Lyncoln: 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you today Steven, is there rather a better option that you have for me helping you through, seeing that this is not getting anywhere?

steven nicholson: nope all pointless

6 REPLIES 6

surfingstevie
Participant
Message 1 of 7

Oh my god why is it so hard with TalkTalk go live date 13 feb Text to say Engineer will be there from 0800-1300 ok, no one comes must be done NO,NO,NO today 14 feb get a phone call from OpenReach hi im at yours need to get into the house lol mate your a day late So now i seam to have a fault and TalkTalk thinks its some kind of joke to just have days of sat in waitting on them i can see why they get loads of bad Press Shocking talk about dragging you down never had any issues like this before even getting a morage and buying a house is Easyier.

Message 2 of 7

And then you need to read the terms and conditions.

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 12.21.46.png

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 12.22.12.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7
There is no Mention to new Customers it askes at the Start who is you current profinder and Put TalkTalk And this is the deals.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

@jaspertat Looks like you haven't read the thread.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Looks like not everyone is up to speed on what Tristia Harrison, the chief executive of TalkTalk says-

“We welcome Ofcom action to stop providers penalising loyalty,” said Tristia Harrison, the chief executive of TalkTalk. “In two years, we have lowered the gap between what new and existing customers pay to just £1-2 per month, whilst the average gap in the rest of the market has grown to £13-15.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/dec/14/watchdog-plans-purge-rip-off-rates-loyal-broadband-cus...

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

First of all the voucher offer is only available to new customers. Second, the price of £17.18 is calculated by defraying the value of the voucher over the period of the contract. And while the normal fibre setup fee of £60 appears to be waived for new customers it looks like it is automatically being applied because you are upgrading from standard broadband.

You should though still otherwise be able to get that basic price, I just clicked through from the uSwitch site and it presented itself in my basket. But your best bet may be to go back to the loyalty team and ask if they can match that offer along with a credit for the setup fee.