Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift card Offer Not Received

talkjamunity
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

Two questions :

[1]

I joined TalkTalk on September 7th this year according to my calculations the 90 days qualifying period is up (two days ago). I enquired about it early on but it was way too early so I've waited to see if it will arrive or some notification but have seen nothing. Can this be checked for me please??

[2]

When i signed up via USwitch the TalkTalk blurb boasted that we dont need to worry about being double charged because of an overlap in services with your old provider (in my case EE). However for two months ive been pestered by EE and eventually Billed since Sept even though this is when i joined TalkTalk. So did you cancel my account or do whatever you promised to do?? Ive recently contacted EE to tell them and waiting for a response but i thought since TalkTalk uses the same provider as EE (OpenReach) then this arrangement would save me the customer worrying about it. Turns out you dont seem to have done anything.

talkjamunity
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi @talkjamunity

The voucher will be issued in the next few days. 

Please keep an eye on your spam/junkmail folders for an email from giftcloud. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

It was for £100.00  - the Amazon Gift Card

I think we've been here before with this Q&A - has the offer been withdrawn for some reason??

talkjamunity
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 15

Hi talkjamunity

Can you confirm the amount the voucher was for? 

I can escalate it then. 

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 15

It's been a while, I have re-escalated this for you. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi,

Is there any news yet on the Gift-card which i selected when signing up (pa

talkjamunity
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi talkjamunity

Regardless if you didn't use the phone. EE's account has remined open,  and as you are the only person who can cancel  it, as the named account holder you will need to call them explain you have left, we have given you a new number and EE's billing account has not identified that you have left. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.  

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 15

@talkjamunity, the landline number comes with standard Fast broadband or any of the Fibre to the cabinet packages. It identifies your line, regardless of whether you use it for phone calls or not. Still a vital part of the infrastructure for these services. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 15
No, I'm referring to broadband - i never used the landline with EE i just used broadband and this is the same with TalkTalk, the phone number is just an extra i wont be using - i signed up purely for broadband and wont be using a landline. EE are still billing me for broadband (two months now).
As for the gift-card i chose the £100.00 Amazon gift-card.

thanks

talkjamunity
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi @talkjamunity

We didn't take over your old number we gave you a new line,  which is probably why EE are still trying to bill you, you will need to contact then and cancel the account as you are the named account holder.

As for the gift voucher can you confirm the amount please, I can escalate it then.  

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 15

It will be next week before staff pick this up, @talkjamunity. Best not to post further till they reply, as each post delays the progress of the topic in the workflow. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Added My TT phone number

thanks

talkjamunity
0 Likes

talkjamunity
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 15

Added My TT phone number

thanks

talkjamunity

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account, @talkjamunity.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Please look out for a response from staff during the day - if not reached on Friday, there'll be a reply after the weekend. Your topic is in the queue for attention. 

0 Likes