Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news, your new and improved package...

LuccY
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Good morning,

Last month, I was about to reach the end of my contract and the price was going to increase significantly.
So I contacted the customer service department to see if it was possible to get a better offer.

After going through several services, I accepted a new contract which was supposed to reduce my bill at the end of September.

I even received the contract in my mailbox:

"Your new and improved package
You've now got
(including your discount)
- Fibre 65 - £25.00 a month.
- Fixed Price Plus
- A new 18 month contract applies.
- Unlimited UK Calls Boost - £14.00
Your discounts applied
- Unlimited UK Calls Boost - Free for 18 Months
Account Number XXXXXXXXX

Hello Mrs X,
Thanks for getting in touch. Great news. We've made all the changes you asked for. Everything's in the table above, to keep things clear and simple for you.
If you have an engineer booked, we'll confirm when they're coming within 24 hours. Don't worry if the time doesn't suit you. We can always re-arrange.
You are now on a new 18 month contract. Have a look at your full terms and conditions here.
Enjoy your updated package

Your TalkTalk team"

A big surprise in October, I found myself paying an extra £10.00.

On my Talktalk account the new contract is in "My pending order" and when I click on it it says:

"1. Broadband and phone go live
Your broadband & home phone service as part of your Fibre65 package is

Rejected"

After spending over two hours and changing service every 15mins, I finally being put on hold for 50 minutes to "check my details" .
Now I am told that I need to cancel my order as they cannot offer me the package anymore.
Obviously if I cancel my order they will ask me to pay extra fee etc.

Here I am, unhappy and hoping for help from you to rectify this problem as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

martswain
Philosopher
Message 1 of 7

@LuccY  if you pay be Direct Debit it is probably too late to stop the payment being taken, so suggest you make sure you have sufficient funds available on the 29th.

I am sure @SocialTeamJo will get it sorted, but you may have to wait until your next bill.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi LuccY,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we'd like to get to the bottom of what's happening.

Have sent you a private message, I'll take some details and look into this for you there. 

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 7

@LuccY, have you checked in My Account to see if there any extras listed in the detailed bill description, or if you were out of contract for a part of the time covered by this bill after they messed you around last month?

I'll re-escalate this thread, but I don't know whether it will be Jo or someone else covering while Arne is away. Please look for a response later in the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

LuccY
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 7

Good Afternoon,

I just received my new contract by PO box (£ 25.00 per month) and today I received by email:

YOUR OCTOBER INVOICE IS READY

Total amount due: £ 36.97 Payment due by: 10/29/2021

Is it a joke?

I have completed the form by PM and send a message and no one deigns to correct your mistakes.

Please correct this problem by 10/29/2021 and refund my extra money you took from me ....

Best regards,

Unhappy customer

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi LuccY,

Really sorry for the delay.

Thanks for flagging, we'll take a look at what's happening. Have sent you a PM requesting for further information, once we have this we'll advise of next steps.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Very strange, @LuccY. Please look out for a reply from TT staff during the week. 

They respond on here Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes