cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Has evening and weekend free calls dissapeared?

6 REPLIES
trying2
Chat Champion

Hello I am now being charged for evening and weekend calls. Has something changed?????
Calls ive made at weekends and after 7 pm at night are being charged why ???

martswain
Wise Owl
Have you recently changed your package to one of the new fixed price versions ?
If so, all calls are chargeable.
AllyM
Problem Solver

If you are still on a legacy package which includes evening and weekend calls, then that should continue. The new fixed price plans do not include any calls but presumably you would know if you had changed your package, you shouldn't just be switched over without your knowledge or consent.

Community Team

Hi trying2

Thanks for your post.

Your plan was changed to fast broadband in November last year,  I can see that the anytime boost was taken off  when you spoke to  our customer service teams. 

As there is no calls package on your account, all calls will be chargeable. You can re-add the Calls Boost via My Account.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Are you a Gamer? Have Standard Broadband ? Why not sign up for our latest Trial

Pal353
Chat Champion

My contract was nearing its termination date and I decided to stay with TalkTalk. The new contract was negotiated via online chat which was satisfactory except that at no point was I told that my Anytime UK calls boost would terminate. Consequently I had to go back to online chat to add it. I am pleased to say that my first bill under the new contract was correct and that the Value Line Rental I had paid for last September was shown as a credit. So overall I would give a mark of 8 out of 10. I would endorse the recommendation to use online chat. It is much better than trying to understand what the customer service people are saying on the phone.

Pal353
ruthuk
First Timer

I changed to the new supertfast broadband package offered and then cancelled the all day calls boost. I know i made a few mistakes calling out of time but this month's bill was high. Chatted to operative at TT and was told there is no alternative to the all day boost - just free to other TT customers. So I've gone bach to all day boost

ruthuk
First Timer

I wasn't aware at the time of changing that there would no longer be free weekend and eves calls. Anyway, chat has now told me, after a painful bill, and am back on all day. Can't see why there is even the option to opt out of that boost.