Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homemove Issues

LJWin1984
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Posting here in the hope I may get some decent help as so far, my calls to the call centre have been less than impressive!

I moved to a new flat on 2nd Spetember 2019, prior to this I contacted Talk Talk to request a home move as I have been with them for many years and had no issues, I am beginning to regret that. The home move was handle over the phone very efficiently, I was given a pretty good deal and was given a Go Live date of 6th September 2019.

Despite being told several times I would not need to be home for the engineer visit an engineer did actually arrive at my flat on that day. He changed a phone socket on the wall then went into the communal hallway to access the cupboard that contained the phone lines for the block of flats. He told me he could not gain access as the cupboard was locked. I informed him that as this block was council property I had no idea how to gain access, he said that was fine, he would phone the council and return at some point...yes, no time frame was given.

Recieved an email from Talk Talk this morning saying I had missed an engineer appointment! News to me as, unless I imagined him, he was in my flat Friday afternoon. Rang Talk Talk and after a frustrating hour where I was hung up on I was told an engineer would be out Thursday 12th September and that it is my responsibility to get the key! Despite being told by the engineer that THEY would get the key. After escalating this as I have NO idea how to get this key I was told the engineer will be coming on Thursday and it is THERE responsibility to have the key to gain access to the lines. I would also like to be reassured that I will NOT be charged for this so called 'missed' appointment as he did attend my flat.

Basically, I'm writing this post for 2 reasons, 1, I wanted this all in writing as I'm not feeling confident that I will actually have my fibre broadband up and running on 12th September and 2, I would like, if possible, someone to clarify that the engineer appointment is definitely booked for Thursday 12th September PM as I've had no confirmation and that they will have the key required to gain access to the phone lines.

People seem to have had more help on this forum than from Talk Talks call centre/live chat so thanks in advance for any help you can give.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Message 2 of 9

Well, after being sent an EXCELLENT Open Reach engineer rather than an useless outsourced one, I'm pleased to report that I finally have my Fibre Broadband and the speed is excellent.

Now I'm just waiting to see if Talk Talk try and bill me for the so called 'missed' engineer appointment :).

Message 3 of 9
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Many thanks for confirming the appointment. Talk Talk have assured me that the engineer will turn up with the Key that is required so we shall see. Will updated on Thursday.

Message 5 of 9

Hi @LJWin1984

we have spoken with openreach and found that there is an appointment booked for 12/09/19 pm slot (1pm -6pm).

Let us know how it goes. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @LJWin1984

Sorry that you are having problems.

I will see what information I can find and get back to you. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

That's great, thanks. I think my profile has all the info required.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @LJWin1984 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes