Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact the live chat line?

Pete1996
Participant
Message 7 of 7

I left TalkTalk in November, and subsequently received notification that I could either return or else would be charged £50 for keeping the old Freeview box. I was happy to keep it and to pay the £50. Two months later, I've received a bill for about £95 - a duplicated charge for two Freeview boxes, less the credit balance that I had never been informed about. 

I need to let TalkTalk know about their billing error. I won't phone because it will probably cost me a lot of money while I'm having to hang on and wait to have my query dealt with, and there's no way of emailing. It's proving impossible for me to find the Live Chat on the website. Every link I find just sends me back to the same page. Is this because I'm no longer a customer, or because the Live Chat facility is not available either?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7
0 Likes

Pete1996
Participant
Message 3 of 7

Hi Arne,

Thanks for getting in touch. In fact, I have subsequently managed to sort it out. I found that I could access the Live Chat using my Android mobile, and TalkTalk have now corrected the bill. 

I'm sorry that I didn't post a reply to let other people know the outcome, in case they have similar problems. I appreciate your help, though.

Pete.

Message 4 of 7

Hi @Pete1996

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Pete1996
Participant
Message 5 of 7

Hi Mart,

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate your reply.

I've adjusted my browser settings, but to no effect, and following the link takes me back to the page I tried before, which unfortunately still leads nowhere.

I think that what I'll do now is to wait for some kind of staff response to my post. I've also added some details to my community profile, as you suggest, and hopefully someone will pick it up from there. 

Thanks again for your help.

Pete. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

@Pete1996  here you go, if you cannot see the CHAT NOW/CHAT BUSY buttons it'll be your browser blocking them.

Try Chrome or Edge with no "extras"

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

If it won't allow you to interact as you are no longer a customer, either wait for a staff reply here or call 0345 172 0088.

If you want staff help, fill in your community profile with your old account and phone numbers along with the supply address.