Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I obtain an early termination charge?

T_Langley
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I'm on a Fibre 35 contract which due to the recent price hike I ended up settling for another 18 month deal. However the service level I'm receiving is reducing slowly but significantly from 23 Mbps when I first signed to 18-19 now (although 21.8 is always quoted I never get that now). In light of this deterioration of service I'd like to leave and move to a Fibre to the Home provider who has just set up in my area. Who do I contact in oder to obtain a severance amount?

Thank you.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks, I've looked at that and it is not an option to me sadly. Thanks for replying.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes, I'm aware of that and as my guaranteed speed is either 13.1 Mbps according to my contract , 12.7 from the chat "helpers" or 15ish as from this site you are pretty near with your opinion. Thanks for replying.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Well, I think I can confidently say that I've exhausted any potential significant improvements to performance. Although how they can test out at 21.8Mbps at the box but only 19 comes through is beyond my comprehension. The hours of life lost to me through the chat support and a visit from Openreach have convinced me that little further improvement can be achieved due to the laws of physics and the limitations of the equipment prvided. The number on the link appears to be my best course of action. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

@T_Langley Would you like the support team to look into the speed issue for you? You can find details of early termination charges in the help article here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

0 Likes

Bazzatay
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 7

I your speeds are within your predicted range you will pay early termenation fees, TalkTalk cover themselves very good by giving very low bottom end.

Regards

Bazz

0 Likes

jampherson
Participant
Message 6 of 7

If the speeds are below your guaranteed speed, depending how long that has been happening you potentially might be able to leave FOC

0 Likes