Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How on earth does one talk to a human at talktalk

norricorp
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

Despite being told that there would be no price increases during the contract, after 6 months, there is a price increase. If I want to leave, then there is a number to phone. But there is a 30 minute wait on that line.

looking at support on the website for my account, I can notify about a line problem but nothing for the account. No email address, no chat.

So how on earth do I tell TalkTalk that I want to leave without waiting 30 minutes on the phone?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 14

@Jearnott Your own topic is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Uswitch-offer/m-p/2791196

0345 numbers are chargeable at standard rates and are inclusive in most mobile phone calling plans. 

Jearnott
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 14

I have tried to do this, but my topic does not appear. The site is not very user-friendly. I would prefer to talk to customer support but I can only find 0345 lines and as I am not connected to Talk talk yet, there is a charge for this. Is there an 0800 contact number?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Jearnott  can you start a new topic and we can start to help. 

0 Likes

Jearnott
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 14

I have just switched to Talk Talk and equally find them impossible to contact - l am now regretting changing from my old service provider, EE. They are using the current situation in South Africa as an excuse.

0 Likes

jaspertat
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 14

Paragraph 19 of the T&Cs has the Salford address you can use.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 14

HI norricorp 

Did you mange to get through on 03451720046.

Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

@TheHornedOne Chat cannot deal with leaving, or cancellation issues.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Not that it is likely to help a great deal under the current circumstances @norricorp, but in response to your comment ........................

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 13.33.54.png

~R.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

Well, here's hoping they pick up soon, do let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

dcwt2010
First Timer
Message 10 of 14

Sadly they are living up to their name of worst ISP in UK which means they have to deal with a lot of complaints and as a consequence their phone lines get swamped. I'm sitting on hold as speak, 45 minutes and counting. 😅😆

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

I did see that there was a call centre problem which has obviously contributed to the delays. I understand what you want to do and TalkTalk actually prefer if you speak to them about leaving so that they can be clear on your intentions and, perhaps, offer alternatives. It is hard to predict quieter periods, I can only suggest you keep trying at different times of day, sorry. 

0 Likes

norricorp
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 14

Do you know when that might be? A call centre is down with no idea when it might be restored. Also, occasionally would you not like to talk to a human, especially if you are leaving?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Call again when it is less busy. 

0 Likes