Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am being charged to fix a fault that has been ongoing for 2 months - Talk Talk caused the problem!

ski_boretim
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

My router received an update on 2nd May 2022. From that date i experienced Firewall issues, degraded performance speeds and regular intermittent disconnects from the internet. I joined community support, the analyst sent a Router firmware uodate which solved the Firewall problems, but performance and disconnects remained. I then asked for the BT fast modem to be swapped as it is connected between the router and the wall point. Openreach engineer confirmed the poor network service i was receiving, he swapped the modem. The frequent disconnects and variable speeds of service are still happening. Now i am being billed for an engineer visit to fix something that Talk Talk caused in the first place?! seriously? I also am not happy to pay my full monthly bills for May and June as my service has been so poor! I will be cancelling the direct debit and stopping payment this month unless someone contacts me to resolve this today.

Ski_boretim
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

ski_boretim
Team Player
Message 2 of 7

Hi - thank you - so the direct debit for 30 June will be the normal monthly charge, and the engineer charge will not be taken?

Ski_boretim
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi @ski_boretim

Sorry that you are unhappy.

A credit has been raised to clear the charge.

you will see it in the transaction history in My Account.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

@ski_boretim, staff will reply when they reach your thread. 

However check the Ts&Cs at the foot of any page. 

Many of us have poor speeds or intermittent service at times but we have to give Talktalk a chance to sort things! 

Each post you add delays the progress of your thread moving towards staff - they are the one's who can examine the engineer charge etc.

It can take a couple of days or so for them to reply.  Your best approach will be to wait for them to reach this thread before posting further. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ski_boretim
Team Player
Message 5 of 7

So do you think i should pay full monthly cost when my service has been poor, intermittent? And now am billed for engineer to fix your problem. it s a joke.

Ski_boretim
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

@ski_boretim, unless you have a complete loss of service, compensation is not automatic. 

You need to keep your Direct Debit in place, as missing a payment can cause problems with your credit rating, debt collectors etc.

Your post is in the queue for attention. Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes