Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting overcharged

emduser
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hello Team,

Please Talk Talk scheduled 25.92 on my direct debit account when my real fixed monthly payment should be 19.99

Ive been chasing the customer support team for many times still no solution. For this reason I removed the direct debit. (will reset it once I am sure of being charged correctly)

Can you please possibly offer me some explanation ?

Second issue was when Talk Talk sent me a threat email suggesting I had not paid my bill. Also I had to go to customer support to find that they rather hadn't correctly recorded my payment.

Please help me resolve this once and for all.

Kindly

E.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

Look out for a response from staff, @emduser, rather than posting further. Each post delays the progress of the thread in the workflow. 

Staff usually work from oldest to newest posts but are not on here every day. Hope you get this resolved asap.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi @martswain  as I said earlier i already paid my first bill. So my subsequent bills should be 19+ until the end of my contract. I don't use any other service aside internet.

If  they can resolve this simple billing issue I will put the direct debit back.

I will not be threatened by undue charges. If this is not something they can resolve, I sincerely will find a hassle-free provider.

since getting this internet i'm spending so much time on billing issues. Why is this so hard for Talk Talk ?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 8

@emduser is this your first bill ?

If so it will be for the period from your "go live" date until your billing date plus the next full month in advance.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-first-bill/ta-p/2204666

Whatever you do, get that Direct Debit back in place or you'll end up with extra charges and an awful mess to sort out.

If your service comes over the phone line then you can plug a handset in any time, the only broadband-only service is full FTTP.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

Other ways to pay are possible, @emduser, and listed on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Payment-methods-and-paying-your-bill/ta-p/2204899

It is far better to pay in time, rather than run up debts, and meanwhile staff can look into what's going on, now that they can identify your account. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention. Further posting will delay its progress in the workflow  - it will be tomorrow at the earliest before you get a reply from staff.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

By the way I already paid 25.92 which was the one- off charge. So this second deduction they have to tell me what for.

I cannot turn on my direct debit only so they will deduct what they like from my account. i'm not rich.

They should also stick to their promise. You offer me internet for 19, please charge only 19.

0 Likes

emduser
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi, thank you I have just added the number to my profile.

However, I do not have a land line phone. Neither have I ever used any credit aside the internet.

I made it clear to the Talk talk team I only want internet.

Besides, the main reason I signed up to this offer was the fact that it cost less.

If they cannot charge me for the amount in my contract I am not interested.

Why should they charge me higher than I must pay ? I can't understand this.

Please tell me if this has been your experience ? or if you would appreciate such a thing ?

Worst part is nobody gives you explanations. they just deduct as they wish ? how convenient is this ?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account, @emduser.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Unless you have phone calls included by applying the boost, each call will be chargeable, and Anytime calls do not cover numbers other than ordinary mobiles and landlines 01, 02 and 03, for up to 60 minutes per call. Anything over that will be charged.

Check also in My Account for the breakdown of your bill, and the package name. Do you still have the original confirmation email / screenshot of the price agreed?

Very unwise removing the Direct Debit  - it will result in extra charges, and makes it difficult and more complicated to claim any refunds through My Account. 

See here for one off charges:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-pricing/ta-p/2212258