Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have bee over charged on monthly payemebt!!

paulos84
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

Hey, has anybody had the same happen to them. I have fibre65 on a fixed term contract at £23.50 pm. All of a sudden, my latest payment has come out as £116. I have not changed anything with the my account other than moving address. Also I had to wait nearly a month without Internet after moving into the new property. Can any one help and how to request a refund?

Paul

Retro Futurist
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi @paulos84

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for checking that. How annoying! It's best if you wait now for staff to reply - it just might take several days. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 5

Hello, thanks for the quick reply. I have just spoke to an agent and clarified the payment was a an engineer charge as we had no Internet socket in the new property.  The problem now is we were told on a number of occasions, by 5 separate agent's, there would be no charge for the call out as talk talk could not provide the service with out the box so it was a necessary call out.

Paul

Retro Futurist

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Unless you take out a new contract when you move, there's a moving fee, @paulos84.

Everything will be itemised in My Account. Check all the details. 

You may have been subject to price increases, if you already had this plan before March 1st, so check for £2.50 difference there etc.

You would have received a notification about an increase in prices a month earlier, if this was then applied more recently. Talktalk chose to enforce clause 16 of its Ts&Cs (see the link at the foot of the page). 

The only point of contact today is Chat. You can reach them from this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Phone help opens at 9am on Monday:

03451 720046

There's a bit of a backlog in the billing section just now, and staff work from oldest to newest posts. They will be back from Monday at the earliest. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes