Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm told "Your contract ends on November 4th " can't progress further!

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 14

As above, The warning that my contract ends Nov 4th and to do something about it!!

Trying to see the renewal options, I'm told that there is a technical problem, you can't see my line!

I then undertook a "Chat" with Roberto1

He was asking for passwords I never knew I had!

I do have a list of the myriad passwords for the various bits of TalkTalk, 7 in all, but none for my Telephone!

...should I really have a password for myt telephone!

I told him I was lookingf at "My Account" but there was no Telephone password.

Had to abort the conversation 'cos he then asked the final 4 digits of my payment method!!

My payments are made by Direct debit from one of my Bank accounts automatically, How do I know the final four digits of those transactions.

A simple task overly complicated by TalkTalk, Where can I go to get a straight forward answer?

13 REPLIES 13

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 14

@ferguson wrote:
So bear in mind that it will lapse after 18 months and will not be automatically renewed if you renew your broadband package. You need to look at every aspect which is best done via the loyalty team.

Thanks for that, I'll contact them and see what I can get.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

@Steamywee wrote:

@ferguson wrote:

We cross posted. Your free calls Boost will be time limited, check when you got it.

That would be at the start of this (dying) contract and it was for the 18 months term.

So bear in mind that it will lapse after 18 months and will not be automatically renewed if you renew your broadband package. You need to look at every aspect which is best done via the loyalty team.

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 14

@ferguson wrote:

Anyway, if you are in a position to renew then there are better deals out there than you seem to have been offered online, check them out and hold TalkTalk to their pledge to match new customer deals for existing customers.

Hmm! Curiouser and Curiouser, I'll cancel my current search and have another look for better deals!😁

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 14

@ferguson wrote:

We cross posted. Your free calls Boost will be time limited, check when you got it.

That would be at the start of this (dying) contract and it was for the 18 months term.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Anyway, if you are in a position to renew then there are better deals out there than you seem to have been offered online, check them out and hold TalkTalk to their pledge to match new customer deals for existing customers.

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 14

@ferguson wrote:

Unlimited UK Calls is a paid for Boost, separate from any broadband package deal. Only you can know what services you have, or want.

🤔Not sure about that,

Here's a screen shot of my phone contract as it currently stands:

Current Phone contract.JPG

Only the "ticked items" are included and all are "Free".

I would expect these to continue at the same rate, otherwise they shoud be advised before expecting contract confirmation, would you not agree?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

@Steamywee wrote:

@ferguson wrote:

The final 4 digits of your payment method will be the final 4 from your bank account number.

Ah! why didn't they say that then! 😊

Because they don't know what your payment method is, but you do? 😊

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 9 of 14

@ferguson wrote:

I hope you're not complaining because TalkTalk wouldn't allow you to proceed without passing security checks!  🙂

Perish the thought 😉

@ferguson wrote:

Your telephone password is the one you set up when you signed up to TalkTalk. You can reset it via My Account by going to My Details > Personal details.

Nooo! I don't want to have to update my cribsheet. 🤣

@ferguson wrote:

The final 4 digits of your payment method will be the final 4 from your bank account number.

Ah! why didn't they say that then! 😊

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Unlimited UK Calls is a paid for Boost, separate from any broadband package deal. Only you can know what services you have, or want.

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Thanks for that Gondola, I did see that "Forgotten Password" option but thought that like other forums etc. it would just send me an email to re-set my forgotten password, not show me what it is so I didn't click it! 🙂

I have now tried the "Renewal" link again and this time, TalkTalk evidently can "See" my line and offered the current package offer of 18 months at £25.

Not exactly sure if that means a continuation of the status quo, or if I would be losing anything, as far as I know, I really don't have any "Boosts" which I pay for, ...Anytime UK Calls is standard I believe, TalkTalk TV without any subscription channels, and "Supersafe" for one device.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 14

I hope you're not complaining because TalkTalk wouldn't allow you to proceed without passing security checks!  🙂

Your telephone password is the one you set up when you signed up to TalkTalk. You can reset it via My Account by going to My Details > Personal details.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Steamywee 

You can get your telephone password emailed to you via MyAccount > My Details > Personal Details - Forgotten Password? link.

The last four digits will be for your bank account number.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes