Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to change account details and direct debit payments

Reggie Stration
Message 4 of 4

Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me please. I need to change account details and direct debit payments from my mothers name to mine. She is in a nursing home with dementia so cannot speak to anyone on the phone to confirm details.


I just phoned TalkTalk and explained my situation to an operative, the line was not good and I had trouble hearing what the guy was saying. He said something about sending a direct debit mandate which could take 10 days. Then of course I'd need to mail it back off. Is there an easier and quicker way to do this?


Our current 18 month Faster Fibre contract ends on 15th February 2020 and we have had offers to re-contract for cheaper or even get another package with speed boost for less than is currently being paid. I need to get this sorted ASAP. Thanks.


Message 1 of 4

Hi @Reggie Stration


The best methods have been given by Gondola, personally the power of authority would be the less disruptive method. 


The medical consent letter shouldn't be a problem to provide, once you have authority over the account the bank details can be updated.


Hope that helps. 


Message 2 of 4

Hi Gondola


Thank you for your help. I've updated my personal details as it was in my mother name (although I always spoke on her behalf on all matters relating to TalkTalk) and left a message in Private notes which I hope TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will pick up and offer me advice on how to proceed with this. I don't have power of attorney, my sister has, but I am the one living here at the property who will be paying the bills.


Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi Reggie


Here's the information you need to change the MyAccount details (Click here).


Customer Services will usually send you the form to complete for the transfer of account owner.


It may also be of interest if I link you to the Power of Attorney / Authority to Act details.


Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location).


Then scroll down to Private notes to add the account holder details with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate the registered TalkTalk details and offer more advice on how best to handle this matter.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

  Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution