Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I've had enough

Radioheader
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

This afternoon, I took part in a live chat to enquire as to when my contract expired.

I was informed that it was February 2019. As my Sky Sports special offer ends in aboiut 13 days time, I politely asked if it would be possible to negotiate a discount on my Sky Sports package if I renewed my contract.

Yes, i can help with that said the operator. Pleased with this, I waited a couple of minutes, only for the operator to come back and tell me that there are no Sky Sports offers.

Yes, I know, said (typed) I. I am merely asking if i could be offered a deal as my contract is coming to an end. It wasn't worth me asking was the effective response.

I then went on to my upgrades on my account to discover for the very first time, that as from February 2019, TalkTalk are charging me £4 for my TV service.

Wow, thought I, I've had no email, no phone call, no letter - I've had absolutely no notice of this whatsoever.

I bet the folks in The Community have something to say about this. So I looked at the Community posts, and can see nothing.

HOWEVER, what I do see is a couple of members (and good on them) have been contacted, one being offered Sky Sports for £8.50, and the other has clearly been offered a deal on Sky Sports, although the exact amount is unknown.

I have been a customer for around 12 years, and have been through several incredibly frustrating experiences, including being one of the customers wrongly charged £50 for an engineer visit which I never managed to get back (and I still really resent that btw)..

Now if I want to keep Sky Sports and my entertainment package, it seems that I must pay £45 a ,month for TV alone, when clearly other people are being offered Sky Sports for £8.50.

Thanks TalkTalk, I feel really valued emoticon.quiet.title

2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Absolutely, martcaster.

I too have defended, and indeed sung the praises of TalkTalk to many people.

To prove your closing point, the day after making my post, I signed up with Sky.

martcaster
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 3

As I said in my post headed 'Final Demand'....TalkTalk seem hellbent on antagonizing their most loyal (and previously praising) customers. Why they have embarked on this policy baffles  me; I was in business for decades, and my biggest asset was my customer base....look after them and the money rolled in. About turn, now. *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* the customers off and watch the mass exit. Bye Bye

TalkTalk, Bye Bye customers!