Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Scam

Rufuji
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Referring to a message i received from Michelle from TalkTalk saying to contact you here about an issue I raised on Trust Pilot, I have still not had this issue fixed. I cancelled my account (account number: 1007740700)  on the 23/09/2019. We then received an outsdanding balance sheet claiming we owed £49.55 for the month of october, even though we were not receiving any services as we switched to virgin the month prior. We called about this and we were told to pay this balance (even though they had acknowledged it was incorrect) and that we'd be refunded. Not only did we not get the money back for this, we then received an outstanding balance sheet in November yet again for £57.84. The numbers are completely random and we are being charged for a service we do NOT have. We did not realise this outstanding balance had come through because we are not with Talktalk anymore and hence did not check for it. Another email arrived in December for yet another completely random amount we supposedly owed Talktalk , this time £31.03. We were threatened by Talktalk that if we didnt pay this in 7 days, it would affect our credit score. We paid this EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NO REASON TO because of the threats and we THEN again received yet ANOTHER bill of around £12 for supposedly not paying the £31.03 on time , which we should not have paid at all. You cannot keep charging us for a service we have not used now for 4 months, this is a total scam and it is not acceptable.

4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi @Rufuji

Sorry for the delay. 

After investigation I have cleared admin charge on the account and also raised a credit for the £31.03 that you paid.

If you log into My Account, you can request a refund for that amount.as the direct debit has been cancelled it will have be a cheque refund

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Rufuji

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

As you moved to Virgin, they DO NOT contact TT to take over anything.

You are required to cancel your service with TT yourself.

Did you actually contact TT to give the required notice to cancel your contract ?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Rufuji 

For help from the team here please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, your former TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add any relevant other notes of people contacted in TalkTalk and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details and look into this matter for you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes