Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Amazon Prime promotion a scam?

grandma5
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I accepted the online offer of free Amazon Prime subscription with Fibre 35 contract which went live on 29 March.  More than 30 days later i have yet to receive an activation code and in the course of one of many chats and calls about problems with contract was told I wasnt eligible.

Alternatively I was told I had to wait for 37 days. Having raised a complaint a week ago I have still not received confirmation of my eligibility or the code. The absence of proper communication about my contract has wasted a lot of my time and that of Talktalk advisers. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Mel

Melanie Jones
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Ok you would appear to qualify so I've sent an escalation to request the code is sent to you. Keep an eye on the spam and trash folders for me and give me a shout in 7 days if you haven't seen the email with the code. 

Don't bother chasing on the phone they can't do anything for 7 days either, but if you stick with me I'll get this sorted for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 13

Thanks for verifying security information for me. I'm just looking into this for you and will post back once I know more. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi grandma5, I've sent you a personal message to verify security information so that I can take a look at this for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

@Nataliesteinmetz, your own thread has been escalated for attention. 

Staff reply only to the original poster on these help threads, in order to avoid confusion between accounts, different replies etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 13

That’s absolutely awful! After getting zero response here I connected via chat and the first person I spoke to was extremely helpful but the chat was disconnected, the second was awful and said they’d escalated my case but I have to wait a further 7 days on top of my months haha. It’s ridiculous 

NSteinmetz
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13
Its worth spending time on the phone, although i didnt manage to get Talktalk to honour the Amazon prime offer I had accepted. Presumably it was taken up too eagerly so they decided to break those contracts. Anyway at least got a cheaper fibre 35, £16 for 3 months, £21 afterwards ) unlimited calls (back to the landline !) and free TV. But its a very dishonest way to do business and I would still like to find away to expose them.
Melanie Jones
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Exactly the same here, over my 37 day period and just getting ignored! So I feel for you. 

NSteinmetz

Message 8 of 13
My phone number has been added to my profile for some days now.
Melanie Jones

Message 9 of 13

Hi grandma5, as the guide will have told you as went through the process you should receive the email with the details to claim within 37 days from go live. If you don't receive anything tomorrow by midnight we can chase it for you. We're not permitted to chase within that period. 

Ady

Message 10 of 13

@grandma5, staff can't help you without being able to identify your account. 

As already asked, please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Staff will reply during the week, when they catch up with your thread. 

There is a queue for attention, and they work from oldest to newest posts. 

Please look out for their reply, rather than posting further, so that your thread can keep moving forward in the automated workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 11 of 13
I still have had no response to my complaint. How can I make Talktalk honour my contract or at the very least communicate with me? The alleged 37 days they tell me I must wait will be up on 6 May. An i really the only one who is having this problem?
Melanie Jones

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

It is not a scam. If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that it may take or day or two from them to pick this up because of the holiday weekend.