Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth staying loyal to TalkTalk?

JimBell246
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

What do you think about TalkTalk's price increase join a fixed contract?

Do you think TalkTalk should charge a transfer handling fee of £30 for current customers upgrading their broadband package whilst giving away amazon and ring items to new customers?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 6

Hi JimBell246 

Just to confirm that there is a credit raised to cover the admin fee, you will see it on your bill described as a welcome credit

Sorry for any inconvenience 

0 Likes

jampherson
Participant
Message 3 of 6

To answer your headline, my answer would be to stay loyal to whatever provider provides you the best deal for your needs. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi @JimBell246

Have you been charged the admin fee?

I can investigate  I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I agree that it is a bit strange, @JimBell246: this fashion for vouchers and giveaways etc!

On balance, these special offers seem to me to be hardly worth the stress and the aggravation, trying to get them sorted!

And the rest of us are effectively paying for them..... 

It possibly pays Talktalk to get more people through the door with the lure of gifts etc, just like it pays supermarkets to entice customers in with loss leaders etc.

Regarding the £30.00 charge, it's part of a cluster of "one-off" charges that's evolved over the past couple of years. Talktalk's prices are there for all to see, but, because they are on the web, you are expected to go and look for them.....

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-pricing/ta-p/2212258

The only times you wouldn't be charged this would be if it came as a "free upgrade" offer from Talktalk, or if you received a price increase notification that affected you detrimentally. In the latter situation you can leave within 30 days, or haggle for them to keep you on better terms, and get the £30 handling fee waived in the process. 

You've posted a duplicate of this thread slightly more recently, which I'll move out of the way.

If you need help from TT staff, please complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. They'll use this information to identify your account, but won't be back on here before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes