cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

June 2018 Price Increase for Anytime Calls Boost.

21 REPLIES
Highlighted
Anonymous
N/A

Whilst looking at my account this afternoon there was a message in the boosts section to say the cost of the Anytime Call Boosts is changing from £8.50 to £10. I was furious. At no time has TT emailed me or wrote or phoned to advise of this increase & what has annoyed me all the more is that TT states on its adverts No Price Increases whilst you are in a contract period. Now this is sneaky and underhanded in my view.

I contacted Customer Services and made them aware of my feelings on this matter & to be fair to them, we have settled the matter for the remainder of my contract period. How as a company TT can you justify this increase, when you have already changed the price within the last 6 months from £7.00 to £8.50 and then £10 per month after June? I am all ears TT, am sure other customers are equally keen to learn the justification for this.

CL

ferguson
Community Star

The Fixed Price guarantee refers to your broadband and line rental, all other charges including Boosts are subject to price increases. This is made clear on the order pages and in the T&Cs. Boosts can of course be terminated at any time after a minimum commitment of 30 days. Or, as you have found, customer services are generally receptive to discussions around this.

Anonymous
N/A
That maybe, it is still misleading to advertise on the tv and the radio & state No Price Increases during your contract. I have never seen any small print on the tv adverts alerting to this fact regarding boosts. It still doesn't excuse Talk Talk in my view. In addition, had I not logged into my account and been alerted via my account that the cost of the boost was going up, we have never received an email or letter advising of the price increase.
monto
Wizz Kid

Fighting this myself at the moment with different person........  I  was told  There would not be any increase at all for my  18 months.

I phoned retensions    re this......Just been mentioned  by Arne   its in the   wording isnt it!

and how they tell it.  I have a half price deal  but  even on that I was told  No- increase  at all

ferguson
Community Star

@Anonymous I cannot comment on the adverts to be honest I cannot recall excatly how they are phrased. If you believe they are misleading you should report them to the ASA.

The fact remains that at point of sale the position is clear. Boosts do not form part of your contract.

ferguson
Community Star

Oh, I forgot to mention, you should get individual notification with or around your next billing email.

monto
Wizz Kid

I dont understand  what that means individual notification, how-ever      I am going to make sure now  I print out all chats,    the phone calls  are taped by T/T    I query everything that is said to me on the phone  and write it down. I might be old  but  I still have my wits about me. as said  No-one has ever said to me on the phone  this deaL DOES NOT INCLUDE  BOOSTS

ferguson
Community Star

@monto I was responding to the other poster whose topic this is. It would be best to stick to your own if you have any further queries in order to avoid confusion.

Anonymous
N/A
I have never been sent or emailed any terms and conditions so I can't say what you state is correct or incorrect. My view remains the same, if you are advertising a no price increase during your contract that should stand.

It reminds me years ago of a car called FSO Polonez. The new on the road price was £3,999, but once at the dealer, I was told that I had to pay an extra £1,500 for the steering wheel as that was not included in the price.
ferguson
Community Star

You are deemed to have accepted the Terms & Conditions when you agree a contract. These are available online here: 

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/media/pdf/legal/TalkTalk_Customer_Terms_and_Conditions_v20180110.pdf

Anonymous
N/A

Do you work for Talk Talk as a matter of interest?

ferguson
Community Star

No I don't. And if you read the community home page as you should have done the T&Cs then you would be much better informed. I am just passing on information and facts as they are, not as you might wish them to be.

monto
Wizz Kid

Hi

Gosh no,  but I think if I did I  would make  sure that    everything was cut and dried  and  clear to  understand, and the  T/C  where in Big prominent   postitions  for all to see.things like  the difference between these two   paragraphs

Unlimited Uk calls boost half price  for 18 months  and this one

===================================

this includes a free  unlimited  uk calls boost

I just need some-one to tell me the difference

Maybe some-one will read this and tell me

ferguson
Community Star

No problem, the first one refers to your deal, the second one refers to someone else's.

kenjbod
Chatterbox

I have exactly the same problem and I am furious with the underhand way TalkTalk have delt with me. I signed up on a new contract and was told there would be no price increase for its duration. I asked a number of times 'you mean there will be no price increase'. I suspect if our conversation is available she said  something on the lines of 'no price increase in your broadband, but never mentioned we will increase your boosts. OK I should have read the small print and not trusted the TalkTalk rep. They say you pay for your mistakes and I am paying for mine. As soon as my contract is up I am gone

kenjbod
Chatterbox

Unlimited Uk calls boost half price  for 18 months.

It is all in the wording, 'half price' today means £10 'half price' tomorrow could mean £20

It is still half price. crafty monkeys caught me out

monto
Wizz Kid

There  you go then,  your getting it.......  I have learned to  go on chat  and then  print it out or get an e-mail to  the effect  there will be no increase,  how-ever  I have been trying for   a couple of days  now,  and  I know  I   that  I had confirmation over the phone   No Increase.......

ferguson
Community Star

@monto As mentioned previously, stick to your own topic and you can raise any queries with your own situation there.

monto
Wizz Kid

Hi.

I dont  understand  you say stick to my own topic  in your post  but  I was under  the impression  that I could respond to what other people are posting?????? 

You where the  the one who  asked me to   do my own topic  and I did, so is it not in order to  make a comment on other peoples Posts?  just a question  BTW  I had  a post sent  in error to me from Candice Lilly, it was nasty post  I dont know if you read it or not.  I have  been treated  I think  with respect for my age from  you all,  she did  send me a post  saying sorry, hope you  read it.

ferguson
Community Star

@monto I believe Candice Lilly has cancelled their account, they would have been banned for their vile posting had they not done so, no reflection on you whatsoever.

I am only saying that if you have any specific queries of your own then it is best to deal with them in your own thread, the same goes for everyone, different people have different deals and some are only now beginning to understand how they work!