Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEFT BUT STILL BILLED?

pndavkota
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I gave my notice about a month ago. Today was supposed to be the end of my talktalk services (broadband + line rental), but yesterday I received another email with my monthly bill, with an increased price (what I assume is the not-renewed-but-not-cancelled rate) that's due 16th. I am 100% sure that I have terminated my contract and closed my account as I even had an email confirmation and a representative called me with an offer to try and make me stay. I cannot access my talktalk account or even the main website because I am already abroad.

Could I ask for someone to look into it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @pndavkota

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Please add your old Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account, @pndavkota.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

It is difficult to time closing an account, and Talktalk always bills the full month ahead. Billing dates and contract dates don't usually coincide. 

Inevitably the full price kicks in when out of contract. 

The NEXT bill should refund pro rata for all the excess.

You need to claim that back through My Account  - staff may need to organise some other means if you cannot access it from abroad.

The subsequent bill will be for £0.00.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes