Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Number Changed On Switching To TalkTalk

fed-up_and_crossed
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

The same thing just happened to me. I was with TalkTalk for one year, I moved to NowTV (i.e. Sky). Then I moved back to TalkTalk. The order was placed using my landline number, not postcode. They simply decided to disconnect it and give me a new number without asking first. I rang customer services and spoke to two different people in The Philippines, who just said that I could not use my old number as "it was a TalkTalk number"... Excuse me? I had that number for 15 years and it was never a problem when moving to PlusNet, Sky or NowTV, does using it once with TalkTalk make it their number?

This is hopeless.

The first person suggested "to go back to my old provider"... What kind of solution is that when they have disconnected my number of 15 years?

The second one said he was sorry but that there was nothing he could do aside escalating the issue to the UK. He did explain that it happens all the time with old TalkTalk customers coming back.

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

I feel your pain.

I thought my issue was bit niche as I was moving from Virgin to TalkTalk. Virgin is not part of the BT Open Reach network hence there is a possibility of an issue.

At that time I rang Virgin and they were more helpful than TalkTalk.

With TalkTalk the biggest frustration I had was that each time I called I had to repeat all the conversation, it sounded like they had no issue history or notes on the system!!

The best thing I would suggest is to write straight to their Head Office in Manchester. They are bit more understanding than the call centre staff.

At that time they temporarily redirected my landline to our original. Even after we got the original number back they still charged us till end of contract (September 2019)!

Rest of the service was okay with them and they still are the cheapest.

But because of the customer service or lack of customer service experience I decided to go with NowTV which were the 2nd cheapest for us.

Good luck!

Iftikhar.

Mr Iftikhar Siddique
0 Likes

shelly-thomp
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 4

Hi,reading your post i have to say that i had a problem not unlike your one,and i was furious with TT.

I fought with them for 5months approx,,telling them i am keeping my phone number i've had for 30 yrs,it was a long slog but i kept my own number in the end.

But on my TT Account they have the phone number they gave me..CRAZY people.

Shelly..
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi @fed-up_and_crossed

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes