Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Bill

BeeJay
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 7

I have been a customer of TalkTalk since 18 October 2011 and never had any real problems hence why I am still with Talktalk otday.

On 22 July 2021 I received an email saying my Fast Broadband and Line Rental contract would end on 13 August 2021 - cost £22.95 per month. Then it listed the options available including:
"The second option available for you is to move onto a new, matching Fast Broadband and Line Rental contract for £24.95 per month for another 18 months. Price includes TalkTalk TV Fee, discounted to Free for 18 months. £4 thereafter. Flexible boost, cancel any time. Click here to order now."

The following day 23 July 2021, I clicked on the above option to "order now" and was taken to a page thanking me for choosing to renew and saying I would receive an email confirmation within 10 working days. I kept a copy of those screenshots.

To be honest I did not keep a sharp eye on my emails and thought the new contract would simply go ahead.

Today, 12 August, I have received an email with my latest bill and this is totalling £31.11 as it seems my prompt request to move to the new option has not gone through.

Can anyone help, please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

BeeJay
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 7

Thanks to all who replied. As suggested I contacted the Loyalty Team and have signed up for a further 24 months for Fast Broadband and Landline only.

Thanks for all your help.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi @BeeJay

I have checked, the renewal order was not received so you have been charged the full price this month. So I would suggest calling our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046. 

They can help you, Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 7

Hi if you are on low income bt have an essentials package where for £15 a month you get fibre broadband ( speeds up to 36meg plus 700 anytime minutes for your phone line or for £21 you can get fibre 35 or 64 ( if your line supports it plus unlimited anytime calls. Both these are one month rolling with no termination fees but you have to be on a low income or claiming benefits

Message 5 of 7

@BeeJay wrote:

The only package they are offering me now is £32.00 a month and that is for exactly the same service I am now on except

I must sign up for a minimum of 18 months contract.

Is that being offered online?

In general I would always advise that you can get the best deals by phoning the Loyalty Team on on 0345 172 0046 to discuss what package and options you want, including the removal of the TV charge you don't want.

Current support opening hours are here: Our update on Coronavirus - TalkTalk Help & Support

I would suggest you say "loyalty team" when asked why you are calling to get you straight through to the correct department.

@BeeJay wrote:

I received an email saying that TalkTalk were sending me a brand new Wi-Fi Router and asking my to connect it right away for "improved service". It duly arrived via Yodel and I plugged it in a few days later 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Then I got an email from TalkTalk yesterday claiming that I did not seem to have connected my new all-singing-dancing-WiFi router and if I did not connect my service might hit troubles ...

Recently TalkTalk have been upgrading customers to Fibre (FTTC) services in their quest to get everybody off ADSL before the technology becomes obsolete. Perhaps that's why they sent you a new router?

Does MyAccount still say you are on Fast broadband?

have you logged into the router to check the connection stats whether you are still on ADSL or changed to VDSL?

If you haven't been upgraded, perhaps it is still scheduled to happen or perhaps it is held up because the Service Centre (which is a shambles) isn't detecting that you have the new router connected.

Staff on this forum don't generally work weekends so it will be some time next week before they will reply, but personally I would be phoning them.

BeeJay
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 7

Following my original post, I have decided to continue on an out-of-contract service when I can more or less change/cancel/renew whenever I like.

I am getting too old these days and I just cannot be bothered to argue anymore with the likes of Customer Services people and so I am now going to just let my TalkTalk account run its course until I decide on something different/better.

The fee I was paying monthly was £22.95 and this was for Fast Broadband plus line rental. I never used the TV service and

even though I was sent a brand new box quite a while ago, it was never connected by me. I disconnected the old box *many* years ago because I do not watch TV of any description. My viewing these days is mainly DVD box-sets, "Homicide - Life on the Street" being my latest purchase.

They have now moved me on to "out of contract" terms of £34.00 per month which includes the TalkTalk TV Service on top

of line rental + broadband, a TV service I do not want.

The only package they are offering me now is £32.00 a month and that is for exactly the same service I am now on except

I must sign up for a minimum of 18 months contract. At the moment, I am on a "rolling" monthly contract and can switch

anytime even to another provider. So ...

I have been looking online for broadband only deals - no TV or other additions - and initially there seemed to be some very

good offers.
e.g. John Lewis Broadband - £19.99 per month!
Shell Energy Broadband - £16.99 per month !!

However, on reading the small print, they are both 24 month contracts and after the first 12 months John Lewis rockets up

to £30.99 per month (no TV included deal) and Shell goes up to £32.00 after 12 months so it looks like they are much the same prices as TalkTalk except TalkTalk does include the TV deal.

But ! ... I don't watch TV at all these days.

So, I will let it run for a couple of months paying the £34.00 out of contract charge whilst I investigate other services,

including 4G and possibly soon 5G wi-fi available from many mobile operators and after searching, there are even

mobile operators offering *UNLIMITED DATA* plans for much less than £32.00 per month. I already have a Mobile Router

which just needs a SIM card fitted to become a personal hotspot to which I can couple my Desktop computer, my

Chromebook Laptop, and my 2 current Tablets in regular use. Of course I never use them all at once so my usage will remain quite light.
(I checked my usage on TalkTalk's site today and at the moment I consume less than 2GBs every 24 hours over all gadgets

and that is nothing these days.)

One thing which made me think that I had been moved onto the previously mentioned £24.95 per month contract was that 5 days after clicking on "Order Now" and being taken to a screen saying "Thank you" for renewing, was, I received an email saying that TalkTalk were sending me a brand new Wi-Fi Router and asking my to connect it right away for "improved service". It duly arrived via Yodel and I plugged it in a few days later and I am very pleased with the results. Connections do seem fast and the Wi-Fi coverage in my flat is now certainly better. I was using a Netgear Wi-Fi extender in my bedroom and this is no longer necessary which is very pleasing.

(Then I got an email from TalkTalk yesterday claiming that I did not seem to have connected my new all-singing-dancing-WiFi router and if I did not connect my service might hit troubles ...
Oh well ...

As I said in my opening remarks on my original post, I have been mainly satisfied with TalkTalk's physical service (i.e. phone line and broadband) but I *always* remember when wondering whether or not to sign up to TalkTalk back in 2011. I went onto ThinkBroadband and was told - "If you are happy that you can handle most problems yourself then TalkTalk's service is excellent. But woe betide should you ever need customer services."

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Thank you for listening/reading.

0 Likes