Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Talk Talk

Ravib
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

Hello

like many other people I received an email telling me there had been a price increase in breach of your T & C.  I contacted your retentions team who wanted to lock me into a new 24month contract, which in my view is shady practice.  After being put through to a rather rude and argumentative 'manager' I've decided enough is enough.  I accordingly arranged a new provider only to receive an email saying that I was being charged early termination fees.

In your email advising me of the price increase I have untill the 17th July to cancel my contract without incurring fees. I tried to call your team but despite being number 1 in the queue for approx 20 mins I couldn't get through to anyone. I put myself down for a callback and and am still waiting. I haven't got the time or the patience to deall with your poor customer service. Though to be fair the OCE's I've found to be great.

In view of this can the OCE's please note that I wish to terminate my contract on the 17th July so I don't incurr early termination charges.  Could you also send me returns bags for the equipment please.

Many thanks

Cheers
Ravib
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 2 of 13

Thanks Arne for taking the time to look

Cheers
Ravib
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi @Ravib

Just to confirm, your contract was renewed 09/07/2021.

Thanks for staying. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 13

@Ravib, if this isn't picked up today, it will be Monday at the earliest before you hear back from forum staff. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi

I did post a reply not sure it came through.

I did get through and spoe to lovely lady called Kimberley, the complete opposite of the so called 'manager' I spoke to, she listened and took time to understand what I said.  As a result I agreed to re-contract, but have since received an email confirming my cancellation with talktalk.  I phoned up today to clarify that the paperwork had just crossed over but I'm not sure your colleague understood what I was saying.  Can you kindly just check the re contract is going through.  My details are on my profile.

Many thanks

Cheers
Ravib
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi

I did post a reply did it come through?

Cheers
Ravib
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thank for your response. I did look at sec 19.1 and the contact us link just took me to the main community page.  Unfortunately I can't always hang on the line for extended periods due to being at work.  I have emailed concerns@talktalkplc.com and will also be writing to them as I don't trust that the action taken following a phone conversaition I have with TalkTalk customer services will accurately reflect what was discussed.

Thank you for your help

Cheers
Ravib
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 13

@Ravib those contact details are actually in section 19.1 of the Ts&Cs. 

However, when leaving due to the price rises, it's best to persevere with the phone calls, to ensure that you have notified Talktalk in time.

Either way, spell out that you are leaving because of the price rises, so that it is on the record.

If you are then billed for early termination fees, which appears to have happened in several other cases, then staff on here can help sort it out.

Keep your Direct Debit in place until you are sure that everything has been settled. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 10 of 13

You will find a postal address, and alternative telephone number, in Section 9 of the Ts&Cs.  You can find a link to the Ts&Cs at the bottom of this 

0 Likes

Ravib
Team Player
Message 11 of 13

As I said I tried for 20mins and put myself for a callback..... still waiting even though for 20mins I was number 1 in the queue. If you can't process them here please can I have an email address or postal address please.

Cheers
Ravib
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 12 of 13

Staff here cannot process cancellations, you will have contact TT on 0345 172 0046.

0 Likes