Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Leaving TalkTalk (Problems)

11 REPLIES
Costas1
Popular Poster

Hi, 

I had been happy with the services TalkTalk was providing to me, however I decided to jump ship because of tempting offer with another company. 

My contract was meant to end on the 2nd of this month. On the 7th of January, I talked to LiveChat to confirm that I wouldn't be renewing my contract. I have the chat trascript.

Two days ago, even though I haven't been receiving services from TalkTalk for several days (as I am now with the other company) I got a bit curious and decided to login to my TalkTalk account.

To my surprise, the account appeared to be still active, with a notification that the next bill would be on the 23rd of the month!

I got to LiveChat again, explained the situation, and they said that there was no record on the system about my request on the 7th of January, and that they would put forward a cancellation request. I asked whether I would be charged, and I was told they put a note about what had happened on the 7th and that I would receive a phone call. I offered to forward the chat transcript (of the 7th of Jan) via email.

There was no phone call - I simply received an email today confirming the 'cancellation request'. First of all, I don't agree that it is a 'cancellation' - my contract simply ended and I did not renew. I didn't need to be proactive - TalkTalk should have contacted me to ask whether I wanted to extend my contract or renew. And even though I was proactive and contacted TalkTalk several weeks in advance, it's as if I never did, and I as if I simply made a request for 'cancellation' 2 days ago.

Will I be asked to pay for services I have not been receiving?

Thank you. 

martswain
Wise Owl
At the end of a contract period, you automatically go onto a rolling month by month agreement, I guess that is how the agent perceived your call and therefore did not put through a cancellation.
Looks like you have fallen between two stools and gotten yourself into a bit of a mess.
Good luck !
Costas1
Popular Poster
Hi,

Thank you. Actually, I couldn't be any clearer in regards to the first agent, that I was leaving TalkTalk for another company. I hope I am given the opportunity to forward the chat transcript to TalkTalk, and that this matter clears easily. I expect the process to take place as it would have, if the advisor had actioned my request on the 7th of January, as they should have.
TalkTalk Team

Hi Costas1

As martswain has advised, at the end of the contract, (which is a minimum term contract)  your service doesn't automatically cancel it moves on to a 30 day rolling service. 

What service provider did you move too?, If your TalkTalk service has continued to be active, then I presume that they either have given you a new telephone number, or you have signed up with Virgin Media who supply their own lines and wouldn't contact us to take the number, which would initiate the cancellation of your TalkTalk account. 

Also Ive located your Live chat from the 7th Jan. You asked for your contract end date, there is no request to cancel the account. 

A cancellation is  going through to on the 20th Feb, you will be billed upto that date. 

Regards

Costas1
Popular Poster

Hi,

This is absolutely not true. Please see the attachment, which shows that I very clearly specified I would be LEAVING TalkTalk. I even asked to confirm that that was all I needed to do, or whether I needed to do anything else!

There had been a LiveChat prior to the one attached, where I originally asked for my contract's end date. Then I left LiveChat, decided to switch to Virgin Media, and went back on and the chat you see in the attachment happened.

I hope the miscommunication is because you only saw the first LiveChat. I've offered multiple times to forward the actual email shown in the screen grab, but none seems to be listening. 

I refuse to pay up until the 20th of February, as I clearly let TalkTalk know on the 7th of January. 

TalkTalk Team

Hi 

Thanks ive saved a copy of this and will remove it from the community as it contains your personal email address. 

I hadn't seen that chat..  ill look into this further. 

Costas1
Popular Poster
Hi. Thank you and apologies if I sounded a bit snappy – I'm sure you see and hears lots in this job, so it's understandable that you wouldn't take my word for granted.
TalkTalk Team

No problem,  

Once your account cancels on the 20th,  I will be able to ensure that you are not charged for any time after the 7th Jan. You will also receive a bill on the 18th you can ignore this. 

Hope that's OK. 

Costas1
Popular Poster
Hi Arne,

This is great, thank you very much for your help.
TalkTalk Team

Hi 

I can confirm that your account is now cancelled. 

Regards

Costas1
Popular Poster

Hi Arne,

This is great, thank you for your help. I take it there will be a final bill, according to the dates we discussed. Should I keep checking "TalkTalk - My Account", or will it be provided to me in a different way?

Cheers.

TalkTalk Team

Yes you will get an email notification as usual when the bill is ready.