cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Leaving Talktalk out of contract Bill Question

1 REPLY
Giraffe731
First Timer

Hi,

I have been with Talktalk for nearly two years, my contract ended a while back and Talktalk confirmed there isn't any early cancellation charges if I decided to cancel as I am out of contract. I currently pay just under £30 per month for Broadband and line rental with a talktalk landline phone number. I have signed up for Fibre broadband with another supplier with the installation date of 4th March and go live date to a date that suits me anytime after 4th March. The other supplier is installing a Fibre connection and a new telephone line from the telgraph pole to the property. So when I cancel talktalk I am looking to cancel the broadband, line rental and lose the talktalk landline phone number I currently have, I have said to the new broadband supplier that I currently don't have an existing number, phone connection and phone line as I don't want my talktalk number transferred over.

My new broadband supplier won't be cancelling or transferring my talktalk broadband, so I will need to initiate the cancellation with talktalk. My talktalk account shows the latest bill due on 13th February 2017 with Billing period from 01 Feb to 28 Feb.

If I cancel the talktalk contract tomorrow will the broadband internet access end tomorrow or if not when?

Currently, I pay £18.95 line rental and £9.00 SimplyBroadband, will the last month be pro rata for the days the account is live or will I be charged the full £27.95?

If I cancel tomorrow will my last bill be for 01 Feb to 28 Feb or 1 March to 31 March?

Thanks for your help, Dan
martswain
Wise Owl
I am pretty sure in your situation you will be required to give 30 days notice to TT as the new provider IS NOT taking over your line, therefore they should disconnect you at the end of that period.