Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving talk talk for fibre connection

Markbp
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I want to upgrade to fibre because of an increasing number of online devices in my house and home working. Talktalk cannot offer fibre in my area but we have a local telecoms company offering fibre installation.  The deal is that the local provider will connect to the new fibre network but I have to sign up to one of their fibre plans for a year. After this time I am free to shop around for alternative providers using the fibre network they installed.  

I am under contract with talktalk until October 2021.  Can I leave without paying an early leaving fee as Talktalk can't provide the service I want.  I'm pretty sure I heard if your provider can't provide the upgraded service you want they cannot charge a leaving fee.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 9

Hi Markbp

Just to confirm that you cannot cancel your contract based upon the lack of fibre availability.  But if fibre is becoming available in your area there is a chance that we will be able to provide that to you in the near future. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

@Markbp I might add if you are currently in contract with TalkTalk have you perhaps received notice that your Fixed Price Plan is due to increase next month? If so you have an opportunity to leave/switch without penalty, assuming that the new provider is ready to accept your order within the 30 day notice period. 

0 Likes

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 9

@Markbp wrote:

I want to upgrade to fibre because of an increasing number of online devices in my house and home working. Talktalk cannot offer fibre in my area but we have a local telecoms company offering fibre installation.  The deal is that the local provider will connect to the new fibre network but I have to sign up to one of their fibre plans for a year. After this time I am free to shop around for alternative providers using the fibre network they installed.  

I am under contract with talktalk until October 2021.  Can I leave without paying an early leaving fee as Talktalk can't provide the service I want.  I'm pretty sure I heard if your provider can't provide the upgraded service you want they cannot charge a leaving fee.

As the others have said im pretty sure you cant leave for free because of not being able to upgrade.

However you may not of had it yet or you might be unlucky and not be effected but TalkTalk is putting up the prices of lots of peoples contracts by £2 a month and they are giving you 30 days notice should you wish to leave.

If you are also effected you can use that to leave.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Oh dear!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

@ferguson wrote:

@martswain Sorry, what happens on Thursday?

@ferguson  read your calendar.

I thought the OP was pulling our legs a bit early.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

@martswain Sorry, what happens on Thursday?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

@Markbp, your post is about 4 days early, come back on Thursday !

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

I have no idea what you read, but I am sure you are wrong. There is a Universal Service Obligation of a minimum of 10 Mbps, but that only applies if there is no service already available in your area which can provide that. Choosing to switch from one provider to another in any other circumstances  does not allow you a penalty free exit. 

0 Likes