Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving

nicolajayneburrow
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

I’m thinking about leaving TalkTalk broadband and switching to a different provider. My contract with TalkTalk ends 28th November 2021. If I switch providers before this date will I incur any charges? Or is it best to wait until this date? And how much notice do I need to give?

Nicola Burrow
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The speed should increase over the next few days one the line has settled down.

Message 2 of 8

We are staying for the time being as the engineer seems to have fixed our fault. He said the broadband had been dropping out between 50 to 70 times a day since August, but as it had been working intermittently we'd not have noticed until it dropped out completely. It was down all day Sunday. We were told the fault would have probably occurred no matter which provider we were with as it was something to do with either the cable that goes into the router or the wall socket, so both were replaced. Speed, however, is slow at 45.57 Mbps, when usually its more like 67 Mbps. 

Nicola Burrow
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi nicolajayneburrow

Sorry that you are thinking of leaving.  I can see that the fault was classed as fixed yesterday.

Can you confirm? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

No worries. If you have an issue with your service at the moment which is on the Openreach network that that is unlikely to be resolved by switching. If it gets fixed and all is well then that's great. If not, then please start a topic in the Fibre section and the team will be happy to look into it for you. 

0 Likes

nicolajayneburrow
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your help. I’ll take a look once the WiFi is up and running again. We have an engineer coming out over the next few days to fix the fault. Using 4G currently. 

Nicola Burrow

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

Details of early termination charges can be found here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Yes. And TalkTalk require 30 days notice of leaving. But if you instigate a switch to another provider then they should notify TalkTalk and they will accept that in lieu of notice. So to avoid charges wait until 30 days before the end of your contract.