Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching Contract

GJA76
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I received an email informing me that my contract was coming to an end. Among the options given to me was as follows:

The second option available for you is to move onto a new, matching contract for £29.95 per month for another 18 months. Click here to order now.

I clicked on "here" and followed through. A few weeks later, I get my next bill, adjusted for the fact I'll be out of contract at the end of the month. I called and explained, received  the ubiquitous robotic, hollow, meaningless  "sorry for the inconvenience" and was then offered an entirely inferior deal. 

I then reread the email I'd received to the call handler who suggested I follow the link again, which I did. She rather ominously pointed out that should it fail again, I might well be out of contract and even the inferior offer given over the phone might well disappear. 

This is all very very tedious and time consuming. I am minded simply to switch and lodge a complaint with Ofcom. 

Anyone experienced this, for have any advice? 

3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4

Thanks. That seems to have done the trick! 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi GJA76

Thanks for your post.

If the order did not go through I would suggest asking to speak to our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 explain the deal you wanted and ask them to match it, it will go through straight away.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes