Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid-contract Price Hike

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

I was persuaded to take out an 18 month contract in April 2019 after being told that 

"Manager has agreed that I can offer you Fast broadband £19.95 + unlimited UK calls £5 on 18 months contract = £24.95"

Today I've received an email from TT to say that my unlimited UK calls boost will be going up in January, but I have a fixed price contract for 18 months. Why is the charge going up?

Cheers,

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

dw1947
First Timer
Message 1 of 11

They have just put up my anytime calls boost,I am not the only one to think this is a con as on my confirmation letter it says YOUR PACKAGE PRICE WILL STAY THE SAME FOR THE LENGTH OF YOUR NEW CONTRACT!!! which does not finish until 03/03/2021.So this is a CON.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

...OK that's done.

I've had a thought - the logical thing to me would be to cancel the current Calls Boost and reapply the current offer of a 12 months half price Calls Boost. That would give you approximately 19 months at half price, in total, so would easily fulfil the terms offered originally (as per the transcript).

Anyway, expect a reply from an OCE in the next two days.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

...of course you can. I'll push a request into their workflow and they'll have a look at your account and give a TalkTalk explanation, if you haven't yet gone down the Customer Services resolution process.

0 Likes

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 11

Thanks, can I get a OCE opinion on what's going on here.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi AnybodyHome 

I totally agree that both contracts, the fixed price broadband contract and the add on Calling Boost should be for 18 months. That's entirely clear.

I do therefore recommend you dispute this with TalkTalk Customer Services.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Since the start of the "fixed price" contracts, loyalty and chat agents have been extremely lax in their wording when confirming deals. The email confirmation wording is also poor. None of this would pass in a normal shop display setting,  where what you see is what you pay, regardless of what is entered on the till.

Talktalk always falls back on "you should have read our Ts&Cs" which reveal that the fixed part of the contract is only the Broadband and line supply. Sometimes boosts deals happen to have the same contract length but not the fixed price guarantee. Never take a TT renewal at face value. 

It's worth checking on here while within any cooling off period.  Sometimes the details of a new contract won't show fully till the next bill.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 11

Hi,

Thanks for that, I've checked and you're quite right the contract does say "half price boost".  I've also noticed that the half price boost is only for 12 months.  However, the only reason I signed up to an 18 month contract was because 

"Manager has agreed that I can offer you Fast broadband £19.95 + unlimited UK calls £5 on 18 months contract = £24.95

This was offered in a chat and TT sent me the transcript so the above are the exact words used by the agent.  However, the contract says the boost is only for 12 months, so that means after 12 months it goes up to full price.  This isn't what I was offered or agreed to.

Cheers,

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi @AnybodyHome 

The fixed price element applies to the Fast Broadband Fixed Low Price Plan contract only. 

Boosts and Extras are excluded from the fixed price guarantee.

The email confirmation of purchase, your MyAccount and billing document the basis on which the £5 for Anytime UK Calls is charged. For example "half price or 50% discount". What does each of those document for your contract?  Do any of them give the fixed price as £24.95?

The Small Print on the TalkTalk Sales pages "Calling Boosts - Monthly Boost charges are additional to your Fixed Price Plan and are subject to change." Which suggests that the £5 monthly boost charge, added to your fixed price plan, is subject to change.

"Manager has agreed that I can offer you Fast broadband £19.95 + unlimited UK calls £5 on 18 months contract = £24.95"

The exception to this is for customers receiving a Calls Boost for free. Those customers will have the calls boost for free honoured.

Feel free to dispute any proposed increase in the billed amount for the Calling Boost by contacting the TalkTalk Customer Services Team. Equally if a £1 increase is too much, feel free to discontinue the Calling Boost as this is completely separate to your Broadband contract and subject only to a 30 day minimum term.

0 Likes

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 11

Hi,

There was no mention of any 50% discount.  I was offered a fixed package price of £24.95 for an 18 month contract.

Cheers,

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi AnybodyHome 

If your Unlimited UK Calls Boost is £5 on a 50% discount then although the standard price is going up on 7 January to £12 from £10 currently the half price discount is still being honoured. So you still get the Boost at half price.

Unlimited UK Calls Boost offer 30Nov2019.png

0 Likes