Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid-contract price increase

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 8 of 8

In March this year many of us who were on Fast Broadband (ADSL) packages and legacy Faster Fibre packages received notice of a £2 per month price increase ending TalkTalk's fixed price promise.

Customers who were on up to date Fibre packages were not subject to these increases but recently there have been a few threads started on here from those customers who now appear to be getting notice of a £2.50 price increase in similar circumstances.

So my question is:

What about those of us who renewed contracts in March in response to the first price increase and are now on up to date packages, in my case Fibre65?

Will we shortly be getting notification of the £2.50 price increase allowing us to get out of our contracts penalty free to move to another provider?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi AllyM

ferguson's information is correct, Its not great I appreciate that, sadly there isn't much we can do, other than offer the option to leave. 

I guess I'll just have to pay the early termination charge then. Unfortunately I have about 21 months left to go on my contract so it will be quite hefty.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

My mistake, but the principle applies nonetheless. Forgot to mention that I have been charged £30 as a Contract Admin Fee, NOT mentioned in the phone call and that will be disputed. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

@Geedwi and anyone else, you have 30 days from the date of notification, not 14.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

The notification should give you 30 days to contact them, @Geedwi.

Goad you are sorted, but please clarify the message that you received. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

I also got the notice about a £2.50 increase. You have 14 days to cancel without penalty should you choose to do so. I contacted Talktalk and renegotiated a new 18 month contract at a lower cost than I was currently paying, saving me about £3 a month. Always worth a try.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi AllyM

ferguson's information is correct, Its not great I appreciate that, sadly there isn't much we can do, other than offer the option to leave. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Simple answer: no. The current price increase only affects customers who were on the Fibre 35 or Fibre 65 packages before March this year.

0 Likes