Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mischarged for Engineer Visit

McParland57
Chat Champion
Message 9 of 9

Hi 

Can you resolve/refund the £65 I have been charged on my November bill for a fault relating to my line please?

Not happy, that after weeks of trying to sort out the issue, I now have to spend time sorting out the billing.

TalkTalk  Guidance:

"WHY HAVE I BEEN CHARGED?

We'll charge you if the Openreach engineer was unable to find a fault with your service or the fault was found to be related to a condition in your property or garden. Any faults related to your main phone socket may also incur a charge, as will issues caused by any personal devices connected to your line. You won’t be charged for faults caused by Openreach equipment."

None of these conditions apply to my case.

Taking this section by section:-

"We'll charge you if the Openreach engineer was unable to find a fault with your service" - He did find a fault with the service - Line Speed not set correctly

"or the fault was found to be related to a condition in your property or garden." - No fault found within property or garden 

Frankly, it's poor service to add unexpected charges to my bill without a) informing me that you're doing it or b) telling me why you think they are applicable.

If you check out this thread you'll see I asked you to just fix the issue,

LINK TO ME RAISING THE INITAIL FAULT, to prove who I am:>>>> Slow Broadband Speed - 30% Below guaranteed speed - Page 3 - TalkTalk Help & Support

Regards

Mac

-----
I've been to a post-punk, postcard fair.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

i understand your grievance if you feel you are owed compensation please follow the complaint process. 

0 Likes

McParland57
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 9

Lol @martswain 

Yes, that's the issue.

Not the fact that I had to do something to get my money back

Not the fact that I had to raise that I'd been over charged

Not the fact that Talktalk have made a mistake taking money from my account

Not the fact that they took ages to solve an issue that required constant replies

And Not the fact that I am sick of having to manage every interaction  with them to the nth degree.  Like I had to when I renewed my mother's account and they incorrectly charged her. 

There is such a huge degree of demand failure caused by Talktalk they don't have the resources to even respond to issues in an appropriate time and rely on people like you taking swipes at genuine grievances. 

-----
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 9

@McParland57  so how much do you think your time is worth ?

Compo culture at its best !

0 Likes

McParland57
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 9

It's quite easy to quantify the time I've wasted raising the call and scanning this website for responses this week.  

-----
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Happy to help. 

Im afraid we don't compensate for things like stress, as it can never be reasonably quantified. 

Sorry again. 

McParland57
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

Thanks for sorting this out but it should not have happened in the first place.  I genuinely think that I should also receive an additional credit as a goodwill gesture for having to raise this.  TalkTalk shouldn't able to cause stress to customers like this.

I mean, I still have to do something to get my money back!

Cheers

Mac

-----

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi @McParland57

A credit has been raised to refund the charge. 

You will be able to request a refund via My Account in the next 24 hours. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi McParland57

I will investigate this and get back to you. 

Regards

0 Likes